PDA

View Full Version : Death to the warts!

TestifyToLove
06-12-2007, 08:19 PM
The warts in our house started 3.5 years ago. We moved into a really old house and I stubbed my foot on an exposed nail. 4 months later, I went to the podiatrist because the sore never healed, only to discover my heal was covered in warts. Ewww, never had them before. Yuck.

That began my adventure of having warts burned off every 3 weeks. By the time I got them all gone, they showed up on dd...on her face and the ball of her foot. We froze those off repeatedly until our ARNP pointed out it was a virus and said they would go away on their own eventually. Hers did.

Ds#2's did NOT. And, he got this nasty one which got into the nailbed of his big toe. We froze it off, he scraped it off. It would grow so big he couldn't put on closed toe shoes and we would freeze it again. It would spawn babies all down the toe and he'd end up pulling those off while playing, very painful btw.

Not long ago, I was reading something about the uses of breastmilk. The person mentioned using breastmilk on warts. I thought, hey its viral and breastmilk has anti-viral properties--what do we have to lose.

So, Ds started putting a cottoball soaked in breastmilk on his warts whenever we remembered, about 2-3 times per week. The next morning, they would be smaller each time, the baby warts all disappeared easily and quickly. That was around first of May. I haven't even remembered in at least 3 weeks. Tonight, I thought about it and looked.

NO MORE WARTS!

4MKfam
06-12-2007, 08:43 PM
It must work better when you do it on a regular basis. I've been working off and on with a really small wart on the side of my nose (it could look like a piercing if you looked at it just right :lol) with no noticeable results. Ds has been weaned several months now, but I can still express a bit of milk, so I occasionally try and put a drop or two on the spot ...still nothing. Maybe I need to try it more regularly :scratch. Glad it worked for you! It's good to hear an actual account that it works.

MomTo7
06-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Wow that's great :rockon

TestifyToLove
06-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Okay, its not a drop or two we've used. I soak a cotton ball, and I mean soak it. Then, I have ds hold it on the wart for at least 10 minutes. I try to trick him into 15-20 minutes if I can, but at least 10. And yes, under those circumstances it has worked when nothing else would.

MamaCare
06-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Okay, I am seriously trying this starting tonight!!

hiddenhippie6
06-12-2007, 09:19 PM
I was just thinking of that myself!!! Now I am REALLY going to try it. MY dh has had one on his thumb for ever.

poleidopy
06-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Hmmm, DH has HUGE nasty warts on his hands. Now if I can just think of a way to get him to put breastmilk on his hands. Maybe if I tell him it's something else...a secret concoction. :giggle :shifty

chobysauce
06-22-2007, 11:42 AM
OMGOSH! I'll try this. I've gone to the doc about 4-5 times now to freeze my warts and they're still not gone. I've had the big one on my right index finger for 4-5 years and nothing has helped. I'll try the breast milk, though. Dunno why I never thought of that.