PDA

View Full Version : Please help me avoid using antiobotics on his rash

Radosny Matka
06-11-2007, 12:15 PM
My ds has a nasty diaper rash on his bum right now. :( He used to get this more frequently and then I figured out it was a result of orange juice. I stopped the orange juice and he had no more rash issues. It's back, and I think it's from the tomotoes we have been eating lately. It started on Friday, and I had been treating it with burt's bees and some mupirocen (aka bactotracian sp?) that was left over from his last incident. It has not gotten better and I really thought we should have seen some improvement. He has one spot in particular that is really bad. I took him to the dr. today and he said it was hard underneath. It's a bacterial infection, as I thought. He gave me a prescrpition for antibiotics, but I'd really, really like to try something else first. Anything I can pick up at the HFS? He has had lots of nakie time and I've given him several baking soda baths. :ty

DeenyB
06-11-2007, 12:24 PM
I am not sure if you can use tto on that area. But what i did with myself and an infectious owie on ds is dilute some tto and wash it once a day, then put a few drops of lavender on a gauze pad and leave on.
Hugs! I bet that hurts!

SansSouci
06-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Did he give you topical antibiotics or oral?? My doctor have my dd some antibiotics-type rash cream and it cleared up the staph infection down there very well!

allisonintx
06-13-2007, 10:38 AM
When I have had a child with a wet rash, I use a thick coating of Gold Bond powder. It worked every single time. It's not the most "natural" solution, but it would be all better in about 24hours.

mommylove
06-13-2007, 11:16 AM
If it's an open-type wound, the acid in vinegar creates an environment where bacteria cannot live. I've never tried it on diaper rash & I don't know how it would feel on the bum.

Good luck.