PDA

View Full Version : Is it a sign that you've done too much decluttering...

cornflower
06-08-2007, 05:53 PM
if you overhear your children using the phrase, "I'm going to take that to Goodwill!" in their pretend-play? :giggle

Katherine
06-08-2007, 05:59 PM
ROTFL! :lol

My kids have started going on red alert everytime they see a garbage bag in the car....

"What's in there, Mommy?

Are there toys?

Are you getting rid of it?"

etc.. (all while trying--unsuccessfully--to act disinterested, and manuevering for a good angle to make a dash at the bag) :giggle :O

On the up side, my oldest son has finally realized, I think, that getting rid of stuff makes the house more orderly and he has more room to play and can find things more easily. :) One day he actually said "I don't play with that anymore. You can get rid of it!" :jawdrop :lol

cornflower
06-08-2007, 06:04 PM
I've mastered the art of prevarication. :)

"Mommy, do you know where my <fill-in-the-blank-with-some-cheap-happymeal-toy> is?"

"No, honey, I don't know where it is." While thinking that I *technically* don't know where it is b/c it might be at the top of the bag, or at the bottom of the bag, or already in the Goodwill trailer, or already at the Goodwill store... so I'm not *really* lying. :lol

mom2threegirls
06-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Oh my goodness :lol I'm :roll because ALL of that happens around here :giggle.

BeckaBlue
06-09-2007, 09:54 AM
nah, my kids say it all the time and you shoul d see the clutter here, oh the clutter :hiding

JavaMama
06-09-2007, 09:59 AM
:roll

:laughtears

CakeLady
06-09-2007, 10:26 AM
ROTFL :lol

liamum
06-09-2007, 10:33 AM
:giggle :laughtears That is great!!!

I am surprised I have not heard similar from DS. We've been getting our condo ready to sell and gave about 30% of our things to Goodwill.

fourbygrace
06-10-2007, 09:35 PM
:giggle I hear this too. Whenever my kids see anything in a box in our house, they ask "Is that stuff for the Goodwill?" "Is anything in there mine?" :O If yes, they want to know WHAT is in the box.

I've mastered the art of prevarication. :)

"Mommy, do you know where my <fill-in-the-blank-with-some-cheap-happymeal-toy> is?"

"No, honey, I don't know where it is." While thinking that I *technically* don't know where it is b/c it might be at the top of the bag, or at the bottom of the bag, or already in the Goodwill trailer, or already at the Goodwill store... so I'm not *really* lying. :lol

:O I say the same thing if I have already gotten rid of something , because "technically" I don't know where it is either.

Havilah
06-16-2007, 06:50 AM
I just found this :laughtears

Whenever we have to look for something James says, "Maybe we gave it to Goodwill." He's even said it when we were looking for the cat! :lol