PDA

View Full Version : on and off fever...

amstermarie
06-02-2007, 12:58 PM
ds had a virus about a month ago.. i posted about it.. but ever since he has been getting fever sometimes every other day.. sometimes every 3 days.. sometimes it last a few hrs sometimes all day.. there is nothing concistent about the fevers.. sometimes he has a runny nose but most times he does not.. for the last month he has been more needy and whinny.. he has ate much less and his talking has gone way down.. i did take him to the dr.. atter 5 days of fever and at that time he was not walking good.. stumbling.. they did blood work and found nothing.. what do you think? could it e an allergy?

Six Little Feet
06-02-2007, 02:24 PM
when you say he is febrile what do you mean? How high is his temperature? How hot is it in your home? How active is he before and during a fever?

I would not be overly concerned unless it is a continual fever that does not come down.

cobluegirl
06-02-2007, 02:42 PM
I would start looking for allergies... and get a second opinion from another doc.

amstermarie
06-03-2007, 03:14 PM
i never really measured his temp.. but i know when he has one.. should i start measuring it? my house is probably on the cool side 75-78.. i hate it hot.. but even my sister had him the other day and said he was hot.. during fever he is usally whinny sometimes lethargic.. he seems to drink more.. allot of nursing too.. but not too much eating.. it's been just on an off it has me baffeled.. every once in a while he will throw up flem.. and it's weird b/c he does not cough much... it is usally at night.. he has been a terrable sleeper lattley.. sometimes in his sleep he crys.. if we sleep in rocker holding him he is ok.. :scratch