PDA

View Full Version : HELP ASAP! My belly hurts SO bad right now! I feel like I'm being stabbed!

poleidopy
06-01-2007, 09:27 PM
I didn't eat anything different or do anything but lie around all day. About 4 1/2 hours ago I made myself a smoothie w/bananas, cocoa and some walnuts, but I only drank about 3 sips (there was a shell or something hard I kept getting chunks of and it ruined the whole thing :sick ) and I ate a bunch of cherries about 2 hours ago and now I just finished drinking a glass of white grape/peach juice. My right side, a little toward the front hurts SOOOOOO stinkin' bad. :cry I feel like I am being stabbed & I can barely even breathe it hurts so bad! What the heck is wrong with me!!??? Ugh. pLease tell me thee's something I can take for this pan (that I actually have on hand.) :nails Ahhh, it reaaaaaaaaally hurts. :cry

cobluegirl
06-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Is it like heart burn? or gas pains?

poleidopy
06-01-2007, 09:33 PM
no, neither. :( :/

cobluegirl
06-01-2007, 09:36 PM
appendix?

Cheyenne
06-01-2007, 09:37 PM
Could be a gall bladdar attack.

Hermana Linda
06-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Could it be appendicitis? check this out (http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/a/acute_appendicitis/symptoms.htm) If it's not appendicitis, there are links there to other possibilities. :hug :pray

cobluegirl
06-01-2007, 09:39 PM
how much water have you drank? if it persists I would go into the ER.

brown eyed girl
06-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Where exactly is it? Right under the last rib, almost in line with your n*pple, is your gall bladder, and it always felt like I was being stabbed. Castor oil packs are said to help... I would put salt in a baggie and then a hot sock over it. But mostly it just hurt for a few hours until the stone passed. Sorry. :(

ArmsOfLove
06-01-2007, 09:47 PM
oh goodness--in that area it could be your appendix :( Can you get to the hospital?

poleidopy
06-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Well, I've been laying on my left side for the past few minutes and that helps, but as soon as I move/stand up it hurts really bad again. I don't think it's a gallbladder thing. Gosh, I hope it's not appendicitis! :nails

Hermana Linda
06-01-2007, 10:11 PM
:nails I hope it's just gas. Do you have anything for gas? I like Activated Charcoal.

cobluegirl
06-01-2007, 10:13 PM
you could also try a spoon full of baking soda straight...

poleidopy
06-01-2007, 10:14 PM
Dude, I actually DO have charcoal! Yipppee, for once I have something on hand! I hope it's gas, but if it is it's the worst I've EVER had in my LIFE! Can cherries give you gas? That's the only thing I ate that's different. :shrug

Hermana Linda
06-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Dude, I actually DO have charcoal! Yipppee, for once I have something on hand! I hope it's gas, but if it is it's the worst I've EVER had in my LIFE! Can cherries give you gas? That's the only thing I ate that's different. :shrug

:hug I googled that and apparently they can, but it's none too common. Seems to be only certain people. Please don't forget to update. :pray2

hiddenhippie6
06-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Feeling any better? :pray

Maggie
06-01-2007, 10:33 PM
I've heard w/appendicitis that it feels better when lying down, but hurts really bad when you try to walk again. If it persists, please get it checked out! :nails :hug :pray2

poleidopy
06-01-2007, 10:42 PM
still feeling better only when I lie down. I'm gonna go to bed soon (it's almost 2am). If it still hurts tomorrow I will most definitely go to the Dr./ ER. :yes2

domesticzookeeper
06-01-2007, 10:43 PM
:pray2

celestial princess
06-01-2007, 10:48 PM
:pray4

ArmsOfLove
06-01-2007, 10:54 PM
if it fits the description of appendicitis PLEASE don't wait! If it ruptures you can die. We had a friend of the family who waited too long and it was a very long sick recovery :(

I'm :pray4 for you

Hermana Linda
06-01-2007, 11:02 PM
if it fits the description of appendicitis PLEASE don't wait! If it ruptures you can die. We had a friend of the family who waited too long and it was a very long sick recovery :(

I'm :pray4 for you

:yes2 Did you check out this link (http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/a/acute_appendicitis/symptoms.htm)? (the same one I posted before)

poleidopy
06-01-2007, 11:15 PM
yes, I checked out that link. I have a lot of those symptoms. I'm feeling better since lying down. I am going to bed now (for real this time :giggle ) and if it hurts in the morning I'll go to the Dr.

Zooey
06-01-2007, 11:41 PM
Please don't put it off, you need to be checked!! An appendix--If you get there fast, it is pretty much simple & you'll be back home in no time. But if you wait, it can be very, very bad.
Please!!

Blue Aurora
06-01-2007, 11:44 PM
Dh had appedicitis for 4 days until they took him seriously and it ruptured in the ER... update when you can..

Maggie
06-02-2007, 08:40 AM
:pray2

poleidopy
06-02-2007, 08:49 AM
I'm feeling much better today, thanks for the prayers! I do feel a bit nauseous, but it's probably 'cause I haven't eaten antyhing today. I'm kinda scared that if I eat anything my belly will start hurting. :nails

cobluegirl
06-02-2007, 08:53 AM
cherries can give you horrible gas.....

poleidopy
06-02-2007, 08:56 AM
cherries can give you horrible gas.....

I think that's what it was, but man did it hurt!!!! You know what, I do remember now that last time I ate cherries I got really bad gas (I was too tired last night to remember. :O ) But I didn't eat nearly as many this time, and it was a totally different kind of pain, I didn't think it was gas. Man, that stinks, I LOVE cherries! :/

cobluegirl
06-02-2007, 08:58 AM
just go easy on them

mom2threegirls
06-03-2007, 04:07 PM
I just saw this- I'm glad you're ok! DH gets TERRIBLE gas from cherries :yes2. He just can't eat them anymore :shrug :(. Too bad because they're really yummy! Strange that such a simple little fruit can make some people feel so awful :scratch. I'm so glad it's not appendicitis! :praise

Singingmom
06-03-2007, 04:30 PM
So glad you're feeling better! :)

Tami
06-12-2007, 02:21 PM
I'm so glad youre feeling better..I was going to add that you might have a food allergy/sensitivity. I would get pain similar to what you've described..and I would feel like I was going to die at what seemed to me random times. I was tested for food allergies and it showed I'm allergic to nuts, peanuts, eggs (which are in SO many foods!) and cinnamon. I was bummed on the cinnamon cuz I was addicted to it..put it in my coffee, used cinnamon flavored toothpaste, etc.

poleidopy
06-12-2007, 02:56 PM
hmm, well I've never been tested for food allergies, but I know a lot about them, thanks to poor DS's extensive allergies & testing, but I still never thought of them. I have a sensitivity to dairy, but tother than that I don't think so. But hey, maybe I am allergic to cherries. That pain was really bad, and I have a HIGH pain tolerance. (It's funny how many people have a high pain tolerance, can endure loooong natural labors etc, but when it comes to toothaches or stomache aches we turn into big babies!! ) :shrug