PDA

View Full Version : way thinking ahead but...

milkmommy
06-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Its a silly question cause income and our situation. but assuming some major miricle. How apart in age would you put siblings together? If I got (and carried ) a pregnacy through this August the baby and DD would be 6.5 years apart. assuming the baby shared with us for the first 2-3 years we'd be looking at a toddler and an 8 year old together. If you had your choice would you do it? What about if they were diffrent genders?

Deanna

hey mommy
06-01-2007, 10:07 AM
Yeah, I'd do it. My sister and i are almost 5 years apart and we shared a room until I was 11(then we got a great deal on rent on a bigger house and moved). We slept together when we got scared, we fought like normal siblings and, honestly, it was great. It was nice to know my big sister was there when I needed her.

Does that help??

milkmommy
06-01-2007, 10:18 AM
Yes it does... Do you have any memory on how you handled multiple age friends and toys? WAht about opposite sex siblings?

Deanna

hey mommy
06-01-2007, 10:25 AM
friends-well, we weren't forced to play together. i remember that. If my sister wanted to play in the room w/her friends, my mom found something else for me to do. And it worked both ways. As for toys, that I don't remember. I know we shared barbies a lot. Though, thinking back, it doesn't seem like we had many toys to fight over.. We were dirt poor I know that. I'd have to ask my mom about that.... She'd know more than I would.

We once had a masking tape line down the middle of hte room to seperate our halves of the room. I think I was about 7-8 at this time.. She had her half, I had my half and we had a masking tape walk-way to the door(b/c I was on the side farthest away from the door). Makes me laugh now, but it worked! LOL.

Okay, C is begging for some attention, so I'll add more later. :)