PDA

View Full Version : iPOD help

Six Little Feet
05-31-2007, 10:47 PM
ok so when i plug in my ipod it udates from itunes...but I have songs on there I do not want on my ipod how do i make it so these songs do not load.

Raffi does not belong on an iPOD :giggle

cindergretta
05-31-2007, 10:55 PM
OK, so you already have music on iTunes that you downloaded before you got your iPod? Can you take the music that you have and make playlists and then just download the playlists you want?

Six Little Feet
05-31-2007, 11:03 PM
I have had the i pod for a year... It is a 2g and i have close to 500 songs on it now.....so I want to get rid of the Christmas and Kids music that is on my iPOD

If I put it in a play list can i make it so that play list doesn't load???

cindergretta
05-31-2007, 11:05 PM
Do you have a Christmas playlist and a kids playlist? Can't you delete them from the iPod while leaving them on iTunes? I have only had mine for about a month and haven't attempted to remove anything.

Six Little Feet
05-31-2007, 11:11 PM
Nope...the iPOD updates from iTunes. And I have not figured out how to make a song not load...but if i find it I will let you know.

cindergretta
05-31-2007, 11:21 PM
I printed out that tome of the website. Let me see if I can find it and figure anything out. (It is HUGE!! But amazingly easy to read.)

Six Little Feet
05-31-2007, 11:22 PM
Thank you

it is driving me CRAZY

cindergretta
05-31-2007, 11:22 PM
Do you have a nano?

cindergretta
05-31-2007, 11:30 PM
When you go to iTunes, you can "sync all songs and playlists" or you can "sync selected playlists."

Word for word per the iPod nano "handbook,":

"Manually manage music on iPod nano: When you connect iPod nano, you can drag songs and playlists individually to iPod nano, and delete songs and playlists individually from iPod nano....... When you manage music yourself, you must always eject iPod nano from iTunes before you can disconnect it."

Now to find the manually managing your iPod section......

cindergretta
05-31-2007, 11:33 PM
PM'ing..... (hope you have nano!) :P~

thomer
06-01-2007, 02:53 AM
When you go to iTunes, you can "sync all songs and playlists" or you can "sync selected playlists."

:yes

You have to make a separate playlist with all the songs you want. Then on the top of the main Itunes screen, there should be tabs saying Music, Photos, Podcasts, etc. Click through them to customize.

You can also make 'smart playlists' with rules like - every song except Raffi or every song that I gave 5 stars to. Really helps if you have 5000 songs that you don't want to pick through.