PDA

View Full Version : 'Natural' relief/support for aches and pains??

domesticzookeeper
05-31-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm a bit concerned about using Ibuprofin and other pain relievers too regularly for my chronic pain (admittedly I need to go back to the doctor :O)

In the meantime, are there supplements or other remedies that would help? Arnica doesn't even seem to touch it, and I'd prefer not to take the whole bottle. At once :shifty

cobluegirl
05-31-2007, 04:33 PM
welll.....what are the pains for? is it joint pain or muscle pain? thinking glucosomine...and cal/mag and maybe some potassium...but those are just guesses...

domesticzookeeper
05-31-2007, 04:35 PM
Right :doh Moderate-to-severe joint pain (though it's not arthritis and anti-inflammatories have never helped :shrug) I just started taking Cal/Mag and Fish Oil :yes

booboo
05-31-2007, 04:49 PM
Have you thought of going for physical therapy? I did, after 5 years of a mystery pain in my right side and the dr's didn't know what to do with me. :shifty And I can tell you, it's made a world of a difference! :yes

crunchymum
06-01-2007, 12:59 PM
hmmm... epsom salt bath? i don't know if that would help the same as taking a pill, but it might help temporarily. :hug2

the other things i would probably do if it was me would be chiropractic, as well as t-tapp, since it really supports and strengthens everything surrounding the joint. but that's more long term.