PDA

View Full Version : would this be lazy of me?

made4more
05-30-2007, 08:33 PM
I have a HUUUGE problem when it comes to laundry actually getting put away. I'm pretty good at doing the laundry, as I can't stand the huge piles of dirty stinky clothes all over my half bathroom floor/laundry room.. SO- I do them, fold them up nice and neat, put them into the basket, and there they stay forever. I can never find underwear, my shirts get wrinkled, and I have to help my kids find their stuff they need. SO- I'm thinking of using the room almost right off the laundry room for a "clothes room." It's the office/play room right now, and will continue to be, just with laundry. I have a hangey thing that you hang clothes on, I can put the adult and kyle clothes there, and a dresser for the non-hangables. the girls room is downstairs right beside this room, so their clothes can go in there.. would it be lazy? would it be horrible of me to just put it all away in basically one room duggar style just to save myself time and energy? It helps hubbs out too, all his stuff will be wehre expected,a nd he won't have to pull out wrinkly shirts. I have to rewash his clothes sometimes, the wrinkles are so bad.

whattya think? if you are down w/ this idea, do you have any tips/pointers/organization ideas? I need to hear!

lmgeenw
05-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me. I also end up leaving all our laundry in a basket, only I have a bar right above the washing machine and dryer that I keep hangers on and I hang the things that will wrinkle up immediately when I take them out.

Mother of Sons
05-30-2007, 08:43 PM
I moved the kids dressers into the laundry room for precisely that reason. If I had a whole room to do that with, I would. Actually I do have a room I COULD do that with......... I might have to ponder that.

TwinMommy03
05-30-2007, 08:47 PM
Sounds great to me. If it would help with your "system" I'd do it. I wouldn't call you lazy....I'd call you efficient! :rockon

made4more
05-30-2007, 09:02 PM
thanks ladies. I know it probably sounds like a no-brainer question to you "does she really have to ask us if it's okay to do that? :scratch" but I struggle also, with thinking I have to be perfect and proper. You know, each kid has their own dresser, and the clothes go in their rooms, everything has to go to the "proper" place. Has a lot to do with being made fun of as a kid, I try harder than I need to to be the "perfect" mommy. blah- I'm so gonna do it! I really think it will help-

mother of sons, let me know what you decide :rockon

Hermana Linda
05-30-2007, 09:40 PM
This is exactly why laundry rooms belong as close to the bedrooms as possible. :yes

Jenny
05-30-2007, 09:50 PM
I think it sounds like a good idea. And I think we are a lot alike when it comes to laundry. :shifty Our washer & dryer are in a large closet and I'm wanting to put a shelf along the top (we don't have one right now) with lots of hangers so I can hang the clothes on them as soon as they come out of the dryer. Now, will I leave them hanging there or take them all to the bedroom closet once I'm done? That remains to be seen. :giggle