PDA

View Full Version : Bath Remodeled, Buying New Towels - HOW MANY??

SPKarenO
05-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Okay, so the bathroom remodel is almost done.

I'm buying new towels. They are kind of expensive and I haven't decided whether to mix some cheaper ones in with the patterned ones...blah blah blah.

But anyway, we have plenty of towels from the old stuff....of course they range from 2 - 7 years old and DO NOT match.

So how many new towels should I get...do I get rid of the old ones?

We are a soon to be family of 4.
I do have 3 or 4 kids towels (like the froggy or the giraffe hooded ones), that I will continue to use for the kiddos. But the kidos also use the regular towels too.

inesperada
05-30-2007, 06:06 AM
I'd probably get six.

AmyDoll
05-30-2007, 06:12 AM
Is it a 1 bathroom house? Like, do guests use this bathroom and you want it to be GOOOOORRRRGEOUS? In the upstairs hall bath - I have 2 matching towel sets - they are nice & expensive and that's what we give to guests. The boys use hooded towels.
In our Master Bath we have 4 towels that match our bathroom & 4 towels that are white.
In the powder room I have 2 different towel sets that match.

NayneeNoo
05-30-2007, 06:29 AM
We have two towels for each family member and an extra two towels for when we have guests.

something glorious
05-30-2007, 06:52 AM
we have 8 matching bath towels for our 1 bathroom. we do quite well with those, for the 2 of us and guests, and occasionally DD. she has 2 of her own monogrammed towels from grandma though, so we rotate those in as well. i'm a weirdo about having nice matching towels :shifty (you might want to check towel options at tj maxx and/or home goods before buying retail...we've always been able to buy beautiful, luxurious, expensive towel sets there....for half price!!)

SPKarenO
05-30-2007, 07:56 AM
We have 1 bath with a shower/bath. So we don't need to worry about guest towels, etc. I just always make sure theres a clean hand towel when we have company.

Okay so most of you said, like 2 towels a person.

What about washcloths and hand towels.

something glorious
05-30-2007, 07:58 AM
we have 7 washclothes- one for DH for each day of the week. i use a bath "poof". we also have 7 hand towels, one per day. :grin

NayneeNoo
05-30-2007, 08:05 AM
I have three hand towels for each bathroom and about 14 washcloths...for the adults alone. LOL. DD has like 20 for herself. She takes a lot of "baths" :shifty.

tempus vernum
05-30-2007, 08:05 AM
I am trying to move to 2 bath towels, 2 beach towels per person (we have a hot tub outside so we use beach towels a lot).

For washcloths, um.... we probably have 30 for the three kids - dh and I rarely use them. But I am germophobic and won't let them reuse them :O. Wipe up and put it in the dirty pile immediately :O

tempus vernum
05-30-2007, 08:06 AM
But ya know what? We use washcloths as "wipes" as we don't use disposable wipes. So anytime the kids have a messy face or hands, they grab a washcloth.

something glorious
05-30-2007, 08:21 AM
i use cheapo washclothes (kid ones) for wipes and toddler baths :shrug

SPKarenO
05-30-2007, 08:30 AM
i use cheapo washclothes (kid ones) for wipes and toddler baths :shrug

i do this too...we have a ton for DD...I'm just calculating for adults.

LadybugSam
05-30-2007, 09:18 AM
2-3 towels per person plus 1 set of nice towels.

We have mix and matched towels too. We have 3 nice striped towels, and then we each have 2-3 towels that match a color on the stripes. We got our solid colored towels when we got married (4 yrs ago), so we have a lot, LOL

Dove*
05-30-2007, 12:40 PM
After 9 years of marriage, I'm needing new towels, too, so it is good to hear all of your opinions. To answer your other question, don't throw the old towels away! Cut them up and use them as rags for cleaning or give them to your husband to use when he is doing work outside. Or save them for when the toilet over flows and you need some grungy towels to clean up the mess!!! :lol Lots of good uses for old towels.