PDA

View Full Version : What is this sleep walking/night terror??

milkmommy
05-28-2007, 09:15 PM
Its happened quite a few times in similar ways but here is last nights example. DD is co-rooming with is she sleeping on a little toddler bed beside ours. She'll be fast asleep DH and I will be asleep or trying to sleep middle of the night (like between 2-4am) she will suddly jump up and run for the balcony doors saying I want to go outside let me outside please. Like one second she's fast asleep the next shes tearing for a window or door. If I just pick her up hold her for a moment and say its the middle of the night is sleep time and lay her back in her bed she goes RIGHT back to sleep as fast as she woke up.
We've delt with night terrors before and while this is weird and sudden its not the same scarry terror as those were. SHes al LOT easier to calm I can pick her up. WIth the night terrors I couldn't touch her. :( So what is this? :scratch

Deanna

deena
05-28-2007, 11:01 PM
Yeah, it could be either one/a combination of the two. Hugs from me. My 9 year old had a lot of night terrors when he was three and as he grew up he just did a lot of sleep walking and sleep talking. I guess it's what people with night terrors do when they grow out of it. :shrug

ArmsOfLove
05-28-2007, 11:26 PM
It's normal. I was reading about it in the Ames and Ilg 3yo book and each of ours went through it :shrug

milkmommy
05-28-2007, 11:29 PM
It's normal. I was reading about it in the Ames and Ilg 3yo book and each of ours went through it :shrug

I'm assuming its normal but what is it? We have her in our room because shes physically tearing at doors and windows. Her window if wiggled enough will open and its a second story window. :(

Deanna

ArmsOfLove
05-28-2007, 11:36 PM
I'm not sure what causes it but I think it's her brain on overdrive. Liam would usually be dreaming.

milkmommy
05-28-2007, 11:46 PM
That makes sense. She totally talks in her sleep as well and she sings :giggle

Deanna