PDA

View Full Version : I have a confesion..

milkmommy
05-26-2007, 12:56 PM
My home is clean its not perfect but its clean.. Its been clean for the past few months. I've realized a few things that apply to my life.
1) I like a clean home it feels good its relaxing it makes me feel life a good wife and mother
2) Its up to me to maintain it, I can teach my child I can request my husband and I can feel blessed when I get the coperation. However its ultimaetly me who will keep the order
3) I can give every excuse small home lack of closet space I need better storage but there just excuses I need to make things happen. Slowly I will and am addressing "better solutions" but no more after I get XY escuses
4) I don't need to be perfect keeping clean isn;t about havign a home that looks like a sterile museum its not about chasing the kid around with a dustbuster and can of lysol. Its not about matching curtains and dry cleaned couches. Its about providing my family with a safe clean enviroment
5) my family is happier with a clean home guests respect my clean home more
6) Standards I can keep now I might not with more kids. Thats okay when/if that time comes appropiate adjustments will be made but as for now I can. and I will.
7) a clean home isn't taking away from me spending time with my family its not taking over the art projects the mound of playdoh castles or pretend tea parties in the living room. Its not making me too tired for my husband or preventing me from seeing my own friends actually quite the opposite.
8) I spend less and budget better with a clean home
9) How another person keeps there home is no reflection on mine or whats important to MY family. I hold no judgments and rather have complete understanding for the journeys others take on this. but for me I need it clean. :shifty

Deanna

canadiyank
05-26-2007, 01:00 PM
:rockon I struggle with keeping a clean home but I feel soooo much better mentally when it *is* clean.

joyful mama
05-26-2007, 01:03 PM
:hug not sure why its a 'confession' but :shrug whatever works.

honestly I did have an easier time keeping house with one child vs. two but now I have two, we're ttc #3 and I think I'll be ok since we figured out triggers and downfalls :yes.

milkmommy
05-26-2007, 01:08 PM
not sure why its a 'confession' but don't know whatever works.

:lol Because I used to feel like I should belong to some messies club and along with that there was almost this kinda release in posting messy pictures and talking about procrastination. :shifty I've come to realize although I am NOT a naturally neat person its a part of my life I need to activly work on and make a reality.

Deanna

SouthPaw
05-26-2007, 02:47 PM
yup, i figured that stuff out recently too. and what i used to think was "i don't care about cleaning, and i'm not motivated to" is actually "i REALLY care about cleaning but what motivates me most is having the house clean :doh " so once it gets to that state i am super motivated to keep it that way. if that makes sense :grin

milkmommy
05-26-2007, 03:01 PM
yes .. HA got that comment in right on time :giggle

Deanna

tempus vernum
05-27-2007, 04:43 PM

:lol Because I used to feel like I should belong to some messies club and along with that there was almost this kinda release in posting messy pictures and talking about procrastination. :shifty I've come to realize although I am NOT a naturally neat person its a part of my life I need to activly work on and make a reality.

Deanna

:yes

One other thing I've realized. After it's organized and maintained, it gives me MORE time to keep up the house. We can find things and enjoy our things and I spend less time looking for things. I KNOW where it is :tu

Great post, Deanna. It REALLY resonated with me :hug

Havilah
05-27-2007, 05:05 PM

Deanna

:yes

One other thing I've realized. After it's organized and maintained, it gives me MORE time to keep up the house. We can find things and enjoy our things and I spend less time looking for things. I KNOW where it is :tu

Great post, Deanna. It REALLY resonated with me :hug

Me, too. I may not be *naturally* neat, but I can decide not to be messy. :rockon

tempus vernum
05-27-2007, 05:54 PM
I mistyped :doh - I meant it gives me MORE time to be with my family and takes LESS time to *keep up* on housekeeping

JavaMama
05-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Deanna- I couldn't have said it better. I had a similar journey last year. When the house stays neat I'm :rockon