PDA

View Full Version : My garden is sprouting!

WI Mama05
05-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Well, the iceburg lettuce is anyway :smile. How fun. I just noticed today after three days of rainy weather. Woo Hoo!!!!!!

Mother Duck
05-26-2007, 02:00 AM
:tu :woohoo I love it when you see the reward of your labour - soon you'll be eating the fruit of your labour!!

Peaceful Meadows
05-28-2007, 01:02 AM
:woohoo I love watching my garden grow! It is so hard to wait until I can start eating the fruits of my labor. :giggle

WI Mama05
05-28-2007, 07:13 AM
I about had a heart attack this morning when K pushed the radio button on the alarm clock and I heard the announcer say "we had frost last night"! :jawdrop I literally cried, but when I came downstairs I checked our min/max thingie on our thermometer and it said 37 degrees, so we should be okay. We'll see. The thought of losing all that hard work is do disheartening! :pray4

Peaceful Meadows
05-28-2007, 09:05 PM
Oh, no!!!! I hope everything is o.k.! :pray4

canadiyank
05-28-2007, 10:36 PM
I had to pull my lettuce out b/c I didn't harvest it and it bolted. :( I live in the desert, though, so our stuff comes early. I have bean plants up, tomatoes with flowers on them and we harvested our first peas today. :woohoo When we first moved here having an early spring and hot summer was so shocking to me (grew up in BC) but it's nice now that I garden. :sun

How was everything? The lettuce should be fine with a little frost. :hug