PDA

View Full Version : Both children exposed to Rubella, what should I do if anything?

arwen_tiw
05-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Well the girls might have been exposed to Rubella today and I need to know a couple of things...

Should I keep them home for a couple of weeks to see if they show any symptoms? I am sure we won't be in contact with anyone pregnant but what if they get it and pass it to another child and... Am I getting worked up over nothing? We don't know any other unvaxed kids (the girl we saw yesterday started showing symptoms today, she's vaxed and got it from a boy at her nursery who is also vaxed :doh).

Hey at least the mom called me about it! ;)

singbanshee
05-25-2007, 12:39 PM
well if it were me I wouldn't want to spread it since it would be in the incubation period...but that's me. There are things you can do homeopathically to use as a precaution if you're worried.

I ended up getting the mumps when the outbreak happened here in eastern iowa and I treated my husband and then 4 month old son homeopathically and neither of them got it. I also treated my self and was over it in three days instead of two to three weeks.

I think I got it from the grocery cart by the way.....

cobluegirl
05-25-2007, 05:31 PM
I the the homeopathy is a great place to start and also immune boosters...

AmyDoll
05-25-2007, 07:03 PM
:yes My girlfriend's 3 yo didn't show any symptoms other than being really tired. Boost those immune systems & keep 'em home if you want. My friends got it from a recently vaxed kid - so I wouldn't stress too much about keeping them home. Ruebella is out there.