PDA

View Full Version : Healing touch?

Mama Rophe
05-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Has anyone ever done this or heard of it?

http://www.healingtouchinternational.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2&Itemid=31

Or any other form of energy work for that matter? I am very interested in this and would like to know others opinions.

I know that this is probley a sensitive subject for a christian board, I am not trying to debate this. I am just curious to hear others stories who have used it or had energy work done on them.

AmyDoll
05-24-2007, 05:06 PM
I think you'd be hard pressed to find an Energy worker who was also a believer :/

allisonintx
05-24-2007, 05:16 PM
IMO, Energy Work is the wordly perversion of laying on of hands + gift of healing + intercessory prayer in order to help a person feel better/healthier. Our bodies do have currents, we are electric and our electric fields affect one another (think how mama in a bad mood makes everyone miserable even if she doesn't speak a word) You know how it has been proven that putting a healthy twin in the incubator with a sick one will help the sick one heal faster? Same idea. Some people who have been given the gift of healing can actually feel those currents, though most would be hard pressed to discribe them as such because the idea of it is so perverted by the world. IME, these people who have this gift also can't wear watches because they kill the batteries (happens to me in a matter of hours. I haven't been able to wear a watch since the Lord called me to healing and gave me the gift to do it.) As I see it, the problem is that there are so few Christians willing to consider it a valid form of healing and get trained in it because of who is offering the training. It takes a great deal of discernment to be able to work through all of that to keep it focused on the Lord and the healing in His name.

Mama Rophe
05-24-2007, 05:28 PM
I totaly agree Allison. I do practice energy work and am still a Christian. It is very hard to find a class though.

allisonintx
05-25-2007, 11:07 AM
Energy is one of those stolen words. It was always God's.

“A large crowd followed and pressed around Him. And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years. She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse. When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind Him in the crowd and touched his cloak, because she thought, ‘If I just touch His clothes, I will be healed.’ Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering. At once Jesus realized that energy (emphasis mine) had gone out from Him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, ‘Who touched my clothes?’ ‘You see the people crowding against you,’ His disciples answered, ‘and yet you can ask, “Who touched Me?”’ But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it. Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and knelt at His feet, and trembling with fear, told Him the whole truth. He said to her, ‘Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering’” (MAR 5:25-34).

“As Jesus was on His way, the crowds almost crushed Him. And there was a woman there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years, but no one could heal her. She came up behind Him and touched the edge of His cloak, and immediately her bleeding stopped. ‘Who touched Me?’ Jesus asked. When they all denied it, Peter said, ‘Master, the people are crowding and pressing against you.’ But Jesus said, ‘Someone touched Me; I know that power has gone out from Me.’ The woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at His feet. In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched Him and how she had been instantly healed. Then He said to her, ‘Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace’” (LUK 8:43-47).

Katherine
05-25-2007, 02:37 PM
Well, I have a biology degree with an emphasis on molecular bio, so I'm completely comfortable talking about energy in relation to the human physiology. :yes

Some people who have been given the gift of healing can actually feel those currents, though most would be hard pressed to discribe them as such because the idea of it is so perverted by the world. IME, these people who have this gift also can't wear watches because they kill the batteries

Just curious about this, since I have never been able to wear battery-powered watches for the reason you mentioned. :shifty

What makes you think these two things are connected? (battery zapping folk like myself and gifts of healing) Is it just a pattern you've observed? What about unsaved people who have the same trait... they can't have a spiritual gift without the Spirit, can they? :think :scratch Just pondering....

allisonintx
05-25-2007, 03:10 PM
I think some people are batter zappers, just by their body's structure. I just find a higher percentage among healers.

hopefromgrace
05-25-2007, 03:14 PM
I'm a christian and have been trained in energy work.....
I think it is a very valid (and powerfull) form of healing when used properly and under God's healing and authority :yes

crunchymum
05-25-2007, 05:03 PM
:popcorn

AmyDoll
05-25-2007, 06:51 PM
I'm a christian and have been trained in energy work.....
I think it is a very valid (and powerfull) form of healing when used properly and under God's healing and authority :yes

Is there an organzation or a way to find practioners that are also Christian? A know a couple of people that have really benefitted from it, but their practioners are all very new agey & I'm not interested in exploring it from a non-Christian perspective, since it seems to have a spiritual component.

Mother Duck
05-25-2007, 07:05 PM

hopefromgrace
05-25-2007, 07:06 PM
Not that I know of, but I wish there was.
I hear what you're saying about being carefull, and the whole new agey/spiritual side of it.
I've just recently gotten some contacts for christian M.T.'s in my area who do some energy work and prayer/prophecy over people and I am really excited to check them out.
I know first hand (from teachings I've gotten and treatments from new agey people in the past) how carefull you need to be.
It's such an interesting thing b/c I definately have known non-believers with healing gifts that give really powerfull and transformative energy work, and people have gotten healed, etc.....I believe that God can work his healing even through non-believers :shrug
But then, there are the healers that are doing crazy stuff summoning spirits and what-not and people get radically healed,,,,so is that the power of the enemy at work....through healing :shrug......it seems to me that all healing comes from God, but things like this tend to confuse me.

AmyDoll
05-25-2007, 07:19 PM
I know! The spiritual realm is too baffling for me - I read those WILD Frank Perretti books in HS & have been freaked out ever sense - so I stay well to *this* side of the line. It's just my comfort level :) I totally think there's validity in Energy work and healing :tu I just want to make sure that the Energy was divine :mrgreen :angel

Mama Rophe
05-25-2007, 07:22 PM
edited to send via pm

hopefromgrace
05-25-2007, 08:02 PM
Mainly, polarity therapy.....and cranial sacral (not sure if that is considered energy work though)
My certification is as a massage therapist, but the school I went to also taught extensively on energy work and many other modalities.
I totally modify the treatments I do now though, I take the good I 've learned, discard the rest and ask for the Holy Spirit's guidance.
I can feel areas in people where energy is not flowing and God seems to work through my hands (the whole empty vessel thing, ya' know ;) ?!) to bring His energy and I feel areas once constricted flowing and releasing and moving and it's awesome and all Him.
I allways pray in the treatments I give :yes
I love energy and seeing God move in these subtle, yet powerfull ways in the body/mind :)

What about you? :)

allisonintx
05-25-2007, 08:15 PM
I consider CST to be a good deal of energy work.

ITA that you can feel where the energy gets backed up, and I don't know about you but sometimes when it gets unblocked, the toxin dump makes *me* nauseous. Not so much now as it did when I first started because I've learned better how to let it go through me and not get 'stuck.' I think that's a trick for energy healing that has to be mastered to be successful and have any longevity as a provider.

hopefromgrace
05-25-2007, 08:37 PM
so true! :yes

cobluegirl
05-25-2007, 09:33 PM
what is CST??

Mama Rophe
05-25-2007, 09:52 PM
Cranial Sacral Therapy

purstrength
05-26-2007, 10:03 AM
Mainly, polarity therapy.....and cranial sacral (not sure if that is considered energy work though)
My certification is as a massage therapist, but the school I went to also taught extensively on energy work and many other modalities.
I totally modify the treatments I do now though, I take the good I 've learned, discard the rest and ask for the Holy Spirit's guidance.
I can feel areas in people where energy is not flowing and God seems to work through my hands (the whole empty vessel thing, ya' know ;) ?!) to bring His energy and I feel areas once constricted flowing and releasing and moving and it's awesome and all Him.
I allways pray in the treatments I give :yes
I love energy and seeing God move in these subtle, yet powerfull ways in the body/mind :)

What about you? :)

This sounds wonderful! :heart

freshwaterfish
05-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Well, I don't know much about energy healing, but Brent can hold his hand above an area that is hurting, and a vibrating warmth moves into that area and relieves pain... we are both Christians... :shrug

allisonintx
05-26-2007, 10:38 AM
That's it. It's a spiritual gift....healing.

Rabbit
05-26-2007, 10:49 AM
Josh does that, but it scares him. He doesn't like it, and he hates when strangers figure it out. Me and his babies, though, are deeply grateful.

freshwaterfish
05-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Well, I don't know much about energy healing, but Brent can hold his hand above an area that is hurting, and a vibrating warmth moves into that area and relieves pain... we are both Christians... :shrug

My dad has this same ability... when he touches anyone who is sick and prays (he prays silently), 9 out of 10 times they immediately start feeling better... :rockon

freshwaterfish
05-26-2007, 10:52 AM
Josh does that, but it scares him. He doesn't like it, and he hates when strangers figure it out. Me and his babies, though, are deeply grateful.

Brent's sister is a chinese medicine doctor, and she helped Brent discover this gift... It's wonderful! I had never heard of such a thing, and he was shy about offering to do it, cause he has had some VERY negative feedback from Christians when he talks about chinese medicine... :shrug