PDA

View Full Version : HELP - Eye injury!

Rabbit
05-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Simon poked Samantha in the eye. It was a couple of hours ago, and it is still clearly bothering her. I looked at her eye when it first happened, and it seemed okay, but I thought I saw a scratch. She calmed down very quickly, so I waited. Well, it's still hurting her, enough that she stopped playing twice to cry. I thought she'd gotten her hair in her eye the first time, but the second time I looked at her eye again and there is most definitely a divet right in the center, where her pupil is.

What am I supposed to do? It's 6:12 pm here.

I also have no working phone, no car, and no husband here. :mad

PurpleButterfly
05-23-2007, 04:22 PM
I would call the ped and head to the ER, personally. If she's got a scratch and any vitreous fluid is leaking it could cause permanent damage. It is crucial not to let her or anyone rub at the injured eye or it could cause vitreous fluid to come out. I only know because I accidentally poked Meadow in the eye last week and was frantically looking stuff up online...she wasn't bothered by it after the first few minutes or having any watering/visible scratch/etc. so I didn't do anything but if I saw an indentation like that, I would not take any chances. Not when it comes to the eyes, yk? I'm so sorry! :hugheart :pray

PurpleButterfly
05-23-2007, 04:28 PM
http://www.childrenshospital.org/az/Site862/mainpageS862P0.html

Rabbit
05-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Josh finally got home, and our doc was still open. But I couldn't talk to her. I had to talk to the world's thickest headed medical assistant ever. We're instructed to wait until morning, then call around for an eye doc.

PurpleButterfly
05-23-2007, 09:50 PM
:nak2 :pray4 :hugheart :heart