PDA

View Full Version : recurrent AM diarrhea ...could it be the cal/mag?

4MKfam
05-23-2007, 09:04 AM
I'm getting back to doing my daily 1000mg calcium/500mg magnesium after not doing it for about a month (...sleeping MUCH better again and feeling way more in control of my moods, btw :) Apparently it's working.). Thing is, since I've started back on it, I've been getting a bit of crampiness and diarrhea in the mornings, like three mornings this week, and the only thing I can think that might be causing it is the magnesium. I used to take it in two installments, 500mg. calcium (that's two big pills) and 250mg. magnesium (1 tablet) at dinner, then the same at bedtime to make my daily quota. Lately, though, I've been taking the whole 4 calcium pills and 2 magnesium at bedtime because I've been forgetting at dinner. Could it be that my body is adjusting to that much magnesium in one shot :scratch? ...I know I'm not pg (I'm charting and my temps are too low for that, and I'm pre-O), so I know that's not what's going on here.

allisonintx
05-23-2007, 09:11 AM
yes. Give it a week or so to adjust.

Strumbelina
05-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Yes, I experienced this as well. I use Natural Calm mag. and take higher doses than you usually find in a Calcium/mag tablet. It even states on the back of the container that you will probably need to ease into taking it because of the loose stools.

hey mommy
05-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Yes, I experienced this as well. I use Natural Calm mag. and take higher doses than you usually find in a Calcium/mag tablet. It even states on the back of the container that you will probably need to ease into taking it because of the loose stools.

Yep, I take the same stuff(or did. I need to start again). It doesn't take much for me though...