PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have trouble getting rid of kids books??

hey mommy
05-22-2007, 12:33 PM
Cias has TONS of books in his room, plus at least 2 boxes out in the garage. Plus the boxes of Usborne books that I have given up on selling and will probably give to him. I can't bear to part w/them. The ones in his room we read all the time. The ones in the garage we either used to read or will when he gets older. Some I'm saving for if we have another kid.

I can't be the only one.. How do you deal w/all these books?

Oh, and then we keep buying more!!!! Plus he's in a Veggie Tales book club and gets at least 2 new VT books every month or 2. Great books too, we love them.

Any ideas??

mindyeva7
05-22-2007, 12:57 PM
All I can say is Library, Library, Library. They have more room to keep em, and for the most part you can check em out when you want them.....

tempus vernum
05-22-2007, 01:03 PM
We need more bookshelves :shrug In our comfort corner they have a laundry basket to throw them in during our pick up times. Then every other day or so, we put the books back on the bookshelf :) It works pretty good

As a homeschooler I enjoy having TONS of books.

klpmommy
05-22-2007, 01:48 PM
You can probably donate some of the books to the library. I am working on cleaning out some of ours b/c I have tons from when I was teaching. I like the library better b/c the kids will like one book as their "all time favorite forever" for a week, then move on. So I am glad that we are able to check out books from the library. We routinely have over 50 books out at a time.

Just wondering, have you tried listing the usborne books here at S&S?

hey mommy
05-22-2007, 01:52 PM
But I don't want to get rid of them. And we never go to the library here anyway. Not sure why..

And no, I haven't even thought about listing the Usborne books here.. I just might do that. duh, I could also ebay some of them too.

Aisling
05-22-2007, 01:55 PM
We have LOTS of bookshelves. :giggle

klpmommy
05-22-2007, 01:57 PM
We LOVE the library. We go every week. I love getting to see so many different books, the kids love it too. We rarely make storytime, but the books!!!! I love them!!!! And I love not having to make any final decisions. Some books we keep for months (we can recheck for a total of 12 weeks, then turn them in & recheck them), some we keep for one week. It is great.

But, yeah, we have lots of bookshelves as well, and books are double stacked on them. We have a bunch of books in boxes in the garage as well. I am not going to get rid of a ton of our books, but we have some that I just don't like and I have no need to keep them any longer if I don't like them.

The Tickle Momster
05-22-2007, 06:01 PM
I boxed up all but about 5 for each child. The plan is to rotate them. It's much easier to pick up and they don't have an overwhelming #of choices.

I know others who rotate using bins, if you have the storage space.

We also have about 50 books from the library at any given time. And my bookshelves (my books) are overflowing.

Heather Micaela
05-22-2007, 06:11 PM
I should show you a photo of our bookshelf - that would answer the question :shifty

JessicaTX
05-22-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm of the opinion that bookshelves make for better insulation. The more the better :P~

Maggie
05-22-2007, 06:15 PM
We need more bookshelves :shrug In our comfort corner they have a laundry basket to throw them in during our pick up times. Then every other day or so, we put the books back on the bookshelf :) It works pretty good

As a homeschooler I enjoy having TONS of books.

We need more bookshelves, too! Thank you for this idea!!!!!

hey mommy
05-22-2007, 06:17 PM
Yeah, I just need more bookshelves....

tempus vernum
05-23-2007, 07:56 AM
Yeah, I just need more bookshelves....

I felt bad I didn't answer your question but with the exception of "brain candy" books that the kids want to give away, we keep books until they are falling apart. Brain candy books we give to the hospital :)

We need more shelves too :) I have 3 small ones right now and books heaped all over the place. I was toying with dedicating an area of our toy shelves to more books :think

hey mommy
05-23-2007, 08:04 AM
Well, I've decided that C and I just need a whole room in the house devoted just to our books. Our own in house library would be awesome. LOL.. Hey, dh gets a computer room, why can't we have a library? :)

I moved the big bookcase into C's room(okay, dh did this morning) so I can stack his books and music CD's on them(he has tons of those too) and they won't be all over the floor. After I get them all put away I'll take a picture.