PDA

View Full Version : Ear Ache - Help please!!!

WI Mama05
05-21-2007, 06:22 AM
I woke up with an extreme ear ache this morning. Every time I bump, touch or pull at it I want to scream it hurts so much! (I really feel for my kids now). The only thing I have in my medicine cabinet is Tea Tree Oil, otherwise is there anything in my kitchen or anything that might help?

Also, how do I use the tea tree oil or anything else. I have no idea - becoming a reformed anitbiotic user here!

MarynMunchkins
05-21-2007, 06:38 AM
Do you have some garlic? Smash a clove of garlic and warm it in a little olive oil. You can use that in your ear. :hug

mommylove
05-21-2007, 12:41 PM
I second the garlic/olive oil suggestion.

My doctor (a naturopath) also told me to warm a thick slice of onion & hold that against the ear.

Sarai
05-21-2007, 01:05 PM
The garlic & oil idea is good. :yes If you go to the store and want to pick something up there, try the Similasan ear drops- they work wonders, I swear! I've used them for both myself and DS w/good results- they ease the pain almost instantly. They are homeopathic but Walmart sells them as does my local HFS.

cobluegirl
05-22-2007, 09:59 AM
yup garlic oil.....

WI Mama05
05-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Thanks ladies :heart. I didn't have time to get back on yesterday and the ear ache seemed to go away after I kept pulling on it to drain it. It worked, but I will definately file this infor about the garlic for later :rockon