PDA

View Full Version : UTI help

RobinF
05-19-2007, 08:17 AM
What are some natural remedies for UTI's? I have had one for about a week. It is better now, I have been pushing 100% cran juice (no sugar added) and water. Any thing else that I can take to help?

cobluegirl
05-19-2007, 08:33 AM
100% cranberry pills/juice...no sugar....is a good place to start.

RobinF
05-20-2007, 06:09 PM
thanks, I have been doing the cran for over a week and i think I will get pills since we are going to be traveling this week. Any other suggestions on things to take?

allisonintx
05-20-2007, 06:11 PM
Cran-Actin (or other cranberry pills) taken two capsules every two hours for 5 days and then 2 capsules with each meal for 5 more days will usually burn it out. Vitamin C megadosing also helps. It makes the walls of the bladder too slick for the bacteria to stick.

Of course, drink LOADS of water! 8oz per hour or so.

Zooey
05-22-2007, 05:27 AM
Cran-Actin (or other cranberry pills) taken two capsules every two hours for 5 days and then 2 capsules with each meal for 5 more days will usually burn it out. Vitamin C megadosing also helps. It makes the walls of the bladder too slick for the bacteria to stick.

Of course, drink LOADS of water! 8oz per hour or so.

Yes!! Liquids, liquids, and more liquids.

Soliloquy
05-22-2007, 05:49 AM
:yes ITA with the PP posts. I've found the cran pills to be better than juice. Every two hours while you're awake. Eliminate all sugar.