PDA

View Full Version : Frequent Canker Sores question

Cheyenne
05-16-2007, 01:12 PM
My son gets frequent Canker sores in his mouth on the inside of his lips. I am curious if there is some cause that could be prevented and maybe what we can do to treat the current ones. I have a suspicion of a cause, but I want to see what you all think first. I will post my thoughts after a few people have posted. Thanks.

Edited because I forgot how to spell Canker. :O

Tengokujin
05-16-2007, 07:44 PM
I had these a lot as a child, beginning at about age eleven. My brother also suffered badly with them.

For us, there were food triggers. Chocolate and peanut butter. Acidic foods. Eating lots of candy. My brother still avoids peanut butter for this reason.

Taking the supplement L-lysine was very helpful too with them. I don't remember how much he or I took.

I believe that we both pretty much outgrew it.

Hope this helps a bit.

cobluegirl
05-19-2007, 08:46 AM
yeah I would start looking for foods.....

merc-s can work well on canker sores depending upon where they are..there are a few more homeopathic remedy's that work for this too.

Six Little Feet
05-19-2007, 09:10 AM
:popcorn

ODD gets this all the time too

Cheyenne
05-19-2007, 11:10 AM
I don't know what we'll do if it is Peanut Butter. My son loves it! How would we know anyway? They are only monthly or so, so I am thinking it might be tough to know what is causing it without going months without something. :think

Mamaka
05-19-2007, 11:13 AM
I read somewhere that gluten can also be a cause of mouth sores. :hug2

Iansmama
05-19-2007, 02:07 PM
My dh was getting them pretty frequently and we stopped using toothpaste that contains SLS. He has not had one since.