PDA

View Full Version : *Beautiful* essay about being a SAHM

domesticzookeeper
05-15-2007, 07:29 PM
There are many acts of bravery that can characterize an individual as being strong. Staying home to raise a child requires most of them, but these are performed without accolades, medals, or standing ovations. A mother who can endure the stillness—accept her doubts, come face to face with her biggest fears and not look away—must watch her world unravel. She will find out she is not perfect, she has limits, and her love alone will not guarantee the safety and happiness of her family. Accepting weakness requires bravery and great faith. It forces us to enter into each moment, task, and conversation with a prayer for guidance. Stillness teaches us, through self-sacrifice and humility, to let go of expectations, unclench our fists, and open our hands and hearts to a broader reality and a bigger purpose.

read Stillness (from the blog Close to Home) (http://mollysabourin.blogspot.com/2007/05/stillness.html)

:heart

KitKat
05-15-2007, 07:55 PM
WOW!! :cry

You know, I was talking to an aquaintance about a week ago. I didn't notice it but I kept saying, "well, you know, even though I don't work" throughout our conversation. She finally got mad at me (well not really mad) and said.. "STOP SAYING THAT!! You DO work, and you work hard. And even though I work and earn money, YOU, YOU WILL HAVE THOSE KIDS LOVE AND RESPECT! and NOTHING that I do could ever compare to that."

Needless to say, I was in tears, she was in tears, her son had committed suicide and I didn't know that she felt part of it was her fault for not staying home with him. So, we were both a blubbering mess when our husband's both came home. I was comforting her, she was validating me. Our husband's stood there confused.

Amber
05-15-2007, 09:59 PM
:heart Thank you.

peacefulveganmom
05-16-2007, 12:02 AM
Amazing. She has such a way with words. :heart

Thank you for sharing this here. I LOVED it so much I had to send it on to every other SAHM I know. :yes

ProudMommaof2
05-16-2007, 06:49 AM
:happytears Wow...that was an awesome way to describe our journey as SAHMs!!! I loved that!!! Thank you so much for sharing it! :heart

asher
05-16-2007, 04:05 PM
How heartwarming!

mom2threegirls
05-16-2007, 04:27 PM
That's beautiful. Thank you for posting this! I needed it :) :heart.

Embracing Grace
05-16-2007, 08:17 PM
THANK YOU so much for posting this. Beautiful. I needed that. :happytears :heart

kwisie
05-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Wow. Thanks so much for sharing that.

3xblessed
05-17-2007, 07:44 AM
:happytears Thank you for posting that! :heart

waterfallraleigh
05-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Thanks for sharing.