PDA

View Full Version : not so joyous homekeeping

Myrtle
05-12-2007, 06:43 AM
I know I should be thankful that we have any money for groceries at all. And I know I should be grateful that I have a family to take care of, and I know I have a trillion blessings I should be and am thankful for.

But today, I just feel sick and tired of budgeting. I don't even want to go to the grocery b/c with $50 for the rest of the month's food budget, it's just discouraging. I'm tired of all the websites with cheap meals, and I'm tired of stretching a chicken or a pound of meat into 1/2 a dozen meals.

You bring the balloons and I'll bring the confetti. Pity party, my place, today. :P~

mom2threePKs
05-12-2007, 07:13 AM
:hissyfit :hissyfit :jump2 :hissyfit :hissyfit :snooty :hkiss :crazy2 :cookie

How's that for your pity party? I'm sorry it is hard to budget today. I know that feeling. It goes something like

BUT I DON"T WANNA!!!!!!!!

apmommy
05-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Aww, I'm sorry it is so rough for you. Budgets are no fun. Sometimes you just want to splurge a little. Want me to bring some chocolate to your pity party? That might help you feel better. :hkiss :hkiss :oreo :cookie :cookie2

ArmsOfLove
05-12-2007, 05:06 PM
the children were watching Prince of Egypt on the way to church today and listening to Jethro's song about having a heavenly worldview I found myself :roll at the line "when you have nothing, there's more than enough to go around" :shifty

:hug2 ITU

booboo
05-13-2007, 04:53 PM
:hugs :hugheart

The song "Praise You in This Storm" (forget who) really helps me through the tough times. And the pity parties. ;) I've been "partying" myself lately for other reasons. We're economically challenged too. Hang in there, mama! :yes

allisonintx
05-13-2007, 05:50 PM
:hug

Myrtle
05-13-2007, 07:17 PM
thanks for the hugs and chocolate for this spoiled brat! :mrgreen I was grumbling worse than the Israelites. But God forgives and encourages. The kids fell asleep in the car on the way to the store, and dh stayed with them, so I shopped alone for the first time in forever. Got to poke around for all the bargains and got some crazy good deals on deli meat that had to be sold that day. We haven't had sandwhiches like that in ages. And I even had enough for a bag of Oreos (on sale, nonetheless). God is good! All the time! Even when Oreos aren't on sale!!

simplegirl
05-13-2007, 07:26 PM
:jump2

:oreo :oreo :oreo :oreo :oreo :oreo :oreo :oreo :oreo

There's some oreos for ya! So glad God blessed you through the day. Money can be such a blah thing. Hope to see you soon!

GotMyHeartFull
05-14-2007, 05:30 AM
:hug2