PDA

View Full Version : why is my child always sick??

rowansmom
05-10-2007, 01:50 PM
I don't know if this goes ehre, but my son who is 16 months old has had this stomach virus twice this year, for the month of january he ran a fever of 100-101 every day and in March and April came down with fevers that lasted 3-4 days that ran 102 - 104

What's up/ He still breastfeeds a lot, he eats really healthy, he doesn't go to daycare, i dont; get it. the only time he was fine was when I put him on vitamins after his first stomach virus. that lasted a month then we ran ou of moneya nd out of vitamins.

I just want to know if there is anything else i can be doing and if there is an explanation as to why he's sick

godsgracegiven
05-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Maybe, he needs to be on some extra vitamins. I would add some extra vitamin c. I know that for my kids if we do the immune boosters in the flu and cold season they do a lot better than when we don't.

Quiteria
05-10-2007, 11:19 PM
mine is too, same age...have not tried vitamins yet...would love to listen in on your thread :hug2

cobluegirl
05-12-2007, 02:03 PM
what about allergies?

Six Little Feet
05-12-2007, 02:15 PM
What was his highest fever? Are they cyclical? have you ever asked your doctor about them. Do you ever treat the fevers? and if so does it work.

When you say he had a fever everyday did it last all day or part of the day? Were there other symptoms like a rash, mouth ulcers or anything. was he really lethargic.

apmommy
05-12-2007, 02:52 PM
:popcorn

rowansmom
05-14-2007, 05:35 AM
What was his highest fever? Are they cyclical? have you ever asked your doctor about them. Do you ever treat the fevers? and if so does it work.

When you say he had a fever everyday did it last all day or part of the day? Were there other symptoms like a rash, mouth ulcers or anything. was he really lethargic.

Highest fever was 104
Don't know if they are cyclical
Doc took x-rays and blood tests nothing showed up
Motrin didn't work for the month he had the fever usually motrin worked

I took his temp every diaper change that month and the fever was between 100 and 102
no rash not lethargic, that's why the doc was stumped.

but besiides the fever for the month of Jan and the bad stomach bug iin Feb, then the nice month of march when he had vitamins, then the huge weekend of the fever up to 104 in april and now a stoomach bug in may, i'm wondering why he's always sick

like i said I breastfeed all the time

Beauty4Ashes
05-14-2007, 05:37 AM
Mine didn't have the high fevers, but they were sick all winter long. It's rough and frustrating because mine also are bf and not in day care or anything like that. :hug2

joyful mama
05-14-2007, 05:57 AM
do you give him anything to boost his immunity? vit C, echinacea, zinc, probiotics? They seem to help my kids a lot. :hug2