PDA

View Full Version : Questions about video on computer

Irene
05-08-2007, 08:56 PM
I have a fairly new laptop, since last summer. With it, i got a router so I can have wireless. It seems fast enough. However, I cannot seem to get video very well. Like, on you tube, or if someone here puts up a video, it will stop and start. I can get it to load the whole way, then go back and watch it and it will be fine. I cannot seem to get abc tv shows and stuff though :/ I have tried loading the abc shows and I walk away, but it just stops, or its really taking forever to load. and, I cant go back and watch it like I do with you tube, its just as slow the second time around.

so, I finally email our ISP and ask if there is a way to get more speed. He said no, its your router, you need a better router. I asked dh to go to the computer store and see if they had one there, since I wasnt having much luck online. the guy there says oh no, you shouldnt have to get a better router, this should be plenty. and dh called me and talked to me and the guy at the same time. I have 54.0 Mbps and he said that should be plenty, its what they have and they can watch video just fine. same ISP. Dh came home and then wondered if everyone has to let the video load first then go watch it. if Im just being picky :shifty so, why would I not be able to watch video very fast on my computer?

Second question: How do I watch a dvd on my laptop without the screen saver constantly going on? I had a booth and was trying to set up a demo dvd but the screen saver kept going on, which was annoying. And, there was no wireless and I kept having this window popping up saying outlook cannot recieve email, even when my outlook was closed! well, I guess that was a combo question. I guess I should have practiced first, but I didnt realize it would happen.

ThirstyTurtle
05-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Go here and take a speed test. http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest?flash=1
Don't have any other internet windows open.
Do you have cable or dsl?

klpmommy
05-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Turn off your screen saver. "Wrong" click on the desktop, then go to properties, click the screen saver tab & select "none". You can turn it back on when you are done with your video.