PDA

View Full Version : Something better than Gatorade?

malakoa
05-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Hi
I am a big water drinker but need to balance my electrolytes in the hot weather due to a medication I take. Are there any better options than Gatorade?
I feel better when I drink it but it has sucrose syrup, glucose-fructose syrup. I'm wondering if there are better options out there.

Ali
05-07-2007, 03:03 PM
You can make your own with Kool-Aid or juice! http://www.davidhays.net/running/sportsdrink.html HTH!

LadybugSam
05-07-2007, 03:06 PM
I like to eat lemons with salt, so i usually keep thm in th fridge and eat them with a VERY tall glass of water (or 2)

allisonintx
05-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Not kool-aid. Anything that says 'do not stir with a metal spoon' is a bad news non-food.

Recharge is the ticket. It is a hibiscus based electrolyte balancing liquid made by Kneudsen.

inesperada
05-07-2007, 03:32 PM
:yes Recharge is awesome. :tu

Ali
05-07-2007, 09:34 PM
Not kool-aid. Anything that says 'do not stir with a metal spoon' is a bad news non-food.

I tend to use the brand name "Koolaid" for any type of powdered drink mix (kind of like "Kleenex" for tissue), so I wasn't saying you have to use that brand. If you are concerned about dyes and artificial flavorings you can check you local health food store for natural drink mixes.

Just an aside, but it is my understanding that it says "not to store metal container" because the high citric acid content can react and cause the drink to take on a metalic taste. Citric acid is naturally occuring in citrus fruits.