PDA

View Full Version : please tell me what you would do..alternative chiro

arwen
05-04-2007, 10:14 PM
i'm going for my bladder issue...my pt told me there was nothing more she could do....and suggested this chiro.
i went today and had things done to me i never knew exsisted :giggle
it was cool and weird.....
here's what i had done:

cold laser
iso electronic foot bath
some weird bumping thing on my pelvis and hip.....and some weird rotating thing on a few muscles
sound therapy (really nice and cool)

alot of emotional 'healing'

and the raising of the arm and pushing down technique....can't remember what that was called.....
she asked my body about my problem and supposedly while she is doing this if she can push down on my arm this is the answer......
gave me 2 supplements to take....

alot of what she asked and said was completely right on....
she said i had some grief and it was for my husband.....she said that something happened to me when i was 3 years old...it had to do with something my mom did.....it was soooo weird! she said did i have a good relationship with my mom.....i told her no.....

and some other things as well....

my dh thinks it is completely wacky.....
i want to try it.....i have no other option really......the things she did was super weird though....and i can see how some would be so not believing of it or how i could be fooled.....

if anyone knows what i'm talking about (i'll try to find a site on what she did to me today) and have done it or your thoughts i would really appreciate it.

o yeah....she was a classic adjustment and the patients leave chiro for 10 years.....then she saw this and started doing these things.....she does NOT advertise.....it is done in the back of a joe beans office....(joe beans is sort of the healthy rival of starbucks around here)....and my physical therapist totally recommended her.....sigh....i'm at a loss and don't know what to do...if we were rich i would totally go and not worry about it...but we are not and i'm worried i'm wasting our money.....and i feel guilty

arwen
05-05-2007, 10:15 PM
:shifty

Blue Aurora
05-05-2007, 11:35 PM
I would go.. but I'm really into alternative stuff that can't be explained by science. The fact she comes highly recommended would suggest to me she's not one the *bad chiros* :)

arwen
05-06-2007, 06:07 PM
well, it may be all in my head but i feel better....i'm looking foward to the next appt... :mrgreen

RealLifeMama
05-06-2007, 07:02 PM
I think that sounds interesting! I have heard of the pushing on the arm thing for food intolerances, I think.

morninglory
05-06-2007, 07:36 PM
sounds like kinesiology. i havent done it myself, as we dont have one here, but natalie...."blossombaby" and her family go to a practitioner where she is , and she speaks very highly of it....there practitioner happens to be a believer also, which is probably rare in the field, but very helpfull. so how did your apointment go? do you feel any better? it is a holistic aproach to wellness, so you might feel cruddier before you feel better....i hope all goes well for you. :hug2

boonpnutsmom
05-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Sounds great! I would go in a heartbeat!

NoodleMom
05-06-2007, 08:25 PM
:yes

Ajani
05-07-2007, 09:20 AM
I'd do it, too. I know a lot of Christians who wouldn't, but then I know a lot of Christians who think that yoga is satanic and that no one can do it without being influenced by the devil.

arwen
05-07-2007, 04:02 PM
my next appt is tomorrow at 11 :mrgreen

Irene
05-07-2007, 09:28 PM
sounds great :tu yes, the pushing on the arm thing is called Applied Kinesiology :) :tu

Katherine
05-07-2007, 09:42 PM
The comments about personal history would have weirded me out a little, I admit... :shifty :O

but everything else sounds within the realm of stuff that I can at least make some scientific sense of. :giggle

I would go and seek to understand how and why she does things. I would also pray a covering and try to be sensitive to God's leading in the matter.

I don't think that everything unexplainable is occult related, nor do I believe that all things springing from Eastern medicine are dangerous. :no I do think we should be *aware* and excercise discernment in unexplainable matters or with practitioners that treat a spiritual component when so that boundaries can be drawn if necessary.

mommylove
05-07-2007, 10:07 PM
I'd definitely go back! Please keep us posted.

Regarding the money . . . I totally hear you! My insurance doesn't cover alternative care, and that's all we do. But as my DH says, "Pay now or pay later." (meaning: money now or loss of health later = even more money) :rolleyes

cobluegirl
05-08-2007, 09:06 AM
I would go too..... The personal stuff could bother me but on the other hand...sometimes the way we say things can be real obvious to someone who is incredibley perceptive thus "knowing" things about you. Keep us updated.
((HUGS))

Keysmum
05-09-2007, 04:31 AM
she said i had some grief and it was for my husband.....she said that something happened to me when i was 3 years old...it had to do with something my mom did.....it was soooo weird! she said did i have a good relationship with my mom.....i told her no.....

That's good to hear. Most natural therapists will want to know about your past as they believe that the emotional/metal/spiritual can impact on the physical. My DH is a homeopath and he will spend 1-1/2 hours in the first session going over your entire life history from when you got your period, to if your parents split up and what age you were, to what colour your poo is right now :sick :sick2

When he was studying I had some sessions with his lecturer and oh wow I felt like I was in a counselling session :think

I love natural medicine and I would pay an arm and a leg for it as it's helped me over some huge health obstacles that western medicine told me I'd 'take to my grave' :hunh Guess who's laughing now :laughtears ;)

allisonintx
05-09-2007, 04:55 AM
I have been really helped by applied kinesiology in chiropractic care, myself.

arwen
05-28-2007, 04:32 PM
had my appt today...it went great i thought...
we will see....
but then i talked with my dh about it....and he said he didn't want me to go and think it was helping when it really wasn't and it was all in my head :jawdrop :/ :(
it just really crushed me
so i was excited about something seeming to work....AND now it's all in my head if it does work? :shrug

how would that even be possible....

i figure, if it was in my head that i would be better with my physical therapist cause she said it would work because it worked the first time....and it didn't work fully the second time....

so i'm discouraged by that whole thing but willing to see where a few more appts take me.....

cobluegirl
05-28-2007, 05:10 PM
(((HUGS))) Sorry your dh isn't being supportive. I think you ought to keep trying it as long as it doesn't interfere with your relationship to dh. My dh didn't understand me going to the chiro until he injured himself and needed one.

herbalmama
05-29-2007, 05:47 AM
I know I'm a little late jumping here

AK (the arm pushing thing) is not exactly uncommon, esp with chiros :yes
I had to learn it as an herbalist and I know of a few other professional that use it as well
the foot bath thing though is a total scam.. :shifty

NoodleMom
05-30-2007, 10:23 AM
Foot bath a scam....really? I had a foot bath once...It burned like the dickens and smelled like sulphar. I didnt have anymore because i couldnt deal with the burning. Also it was expensive.

arwen
05-30-2007, 10:28 AM
the ionic foot bath tingled and felt weird....
she didn't do it this time.....
i don't really believe in the foot bath though.....

today i'm still the same.....i'm not any better :(

i'm just trying to wait it out......now i'm having doubts though.....
i keep thinking......
what did she really do last time?
she talked alot about my emotions with dh and his job as a pastor and with us not having alot of money
color therapy
some "correction" with my pelvis....it's this knocking thing with a knob of sorts.....and she tapped my pelvis 3 times....how is that supposed to work?

she aslo used for her diagnosis everytime the AK.....which i didn't think you were supposed to do......

i'm so confused now and i'm really stuck....i have no where else to go....except to another urologist in another town which i do not want to do OR they can take a camera and look into my bladder :shrug
which even the PT said she wouldn't do......
it's fine sometimes.....other times it's not..... :(

cobluegirl
05-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Give it time. Some things just take more time than others. The urologists haven't been able to do anything have they?

arwen
05-30-2007, 10:52 PM
the pt at the urologist did the most good for me...then the second time it was a little odd but she said that was it....that if it wasn't helping by now that there was nothing more for her to do... :scratch

i think i may go for one more visit....in like 3 weeks....when i've saved up a bit for it.....

def. can't go now....no money.....and we have bills that are waaaay behind.

cobluegirl
05-31-2007, 04:10 PM
I hear ya....if money wasn't an issue we would be doing way more for all of us.

crunchymum
06-01-2007, 01:11 PM
i would give it time. and honestly, even if it *was* in your head, if you think it's helping, than it is! sheesh! honestly i think our brains are so tied to our physical bodies, it's amazing. chiropractic can help so many different things because the premise is that it creats clear pathways from your brain to all the different parts of your body. :yes

i don't know what kind of foot bath you had, but i absolutely believe in hydrotherapy, which is what is sounds like. i know people who have done detox foot baths where the water turned almost black by the time they were done.... :hunh

my chiro is very straight forward. very precise adjustments, no machines or anything. i can tell a giant difference when i go.

JoyfulMom
06-12-2007, 03:51 PM
I love natural medicine and I would pay an arm and a leg for it as it's helped me over some huge health obstacles that western medicine told me I'd 'take to my grave' :hunh Guess who's laughing now :laughtears ;)

This is very interesting to me as well. There is no alternative medicine here. I have chronic neck pain and go to my Chiro regularly. He's not into that sort of practice. He just adjusts me and it helps but I'd love to just never have the pain to start with,lol. I've asked about herbal remedies and homeopathy and he just really doesn't seem to know that much about it. He did tell me that apple cider vinegar tablets would help with RLS. But that is it. I'd like to try the alternative. I say go for it! I'm curious to see how this turns out for the OP.

arwen
06-12-2007, 04:21 PM
well, after seeing our bill situation i won't be going back unless it gets really bad like it did a few ago...
hopefully in a few months we can catch up..... :pray4 and then i can go again.