PDA

View Full Version : Sneezing issues...Will kegels really help with this...um...problem???

Firebird Rising
05-03-2007, 02:37 PM
We just moved to a state that I lived in 9 years ago. I know that normally when you move to a new area, climate, etc, your body takes about a year to develop hay fever and allergies, at least that's what a doctor told me when I started getting hay fever in the last state after a year of living there. So, apparently my body remembers that this area really liked to set hay fever and plant allergies off and I've been sneezing non-stop since I got here 5 days ago. Since I'm still bf, I am not taking anti-histamines. I have read that raw honey is good and the local health store has raw wildflower and raw flowering tree honey so I am taking the wildflower one and it seems to be helping a little. I have also read that taking bee pollen is good (any suggestions on that?). I am also using Naphcon-A for the itchy itchy eyes and trying to wash my face a lot.

But my real problem is every time I sneeze, I pee my pants a little. I know that's pretty common after you've had a baby, but I'm still a little irritated by it, especially 'cause I only fit into one pair of pants right now as I'm gaining a little weight by being inactive and uninspired at the moment (about 10 lbs).

Um, so kegels will help with this, right? Could someone please explain EXACTLY how to do kegels or post a linky? Is there any other exercises I could do? Also, any allergy help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Jen D

allisonintx
05-03-2007, 02:43 PM
http://rnceus.com/ui/ukegel.html

This has a pretty good discription.

Yes, it will help. So would Claritin :bag I hate nasal allergies and it's Cat B (safe for pregnancy) so then safe for breastfeeding.

Rabbit
05-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Kegels made a huge difference for me. After Samantha's birth, I would pee down my legs if I just waited a little too long to head for the bathroom. I wasn't that great at routinely doing kegels, but I did them as often as I could remember, and with the constant fear squeeze to keep back dribbles, I stopped leaking all together. Now, if I have to pee really badly and I sneeze, or laugh really hard, then I might dribble a tad. Huge difference, and it continues to improve.

AmyDoll
05-03-2007, 02:51 PM
I kegel on K words :) I have a sticker on my steering wheel of a Kangaroo LOL

Any way there's 3 kinds of kegels (I didn't check the link to see what's there) The short ones, the hold for 10 seconds one and the elevator ones.
The 10 second ones are the HARDEST. The good news about those when you fatigue and you feel like you couldn't possibly still be kegeling - you can feel with your finger and know that you still are.

illinoismommy
05-03-2007, 04:31 PM
YES they will help