PDA

View Full Version : So I did something for me .... (and thank you Crystal :))

joyful mama
05-03-2007, 01:22 PM
... and boy am I ever glad I did. I got help with my housekeeping. I didn't want to. I had *five* people, on five different occassions, gently suggest it. FInally Crystal and my sister convinced me. They both told me there was no shame in admitting to needing help. So I made some phone calls, talked with dh and told him I really needed help. What we're doing wasn't working, and it left me resentful, angry and impatient with him and the kids. I *cannot* stand a messy dirty home. It drives.me.BONKERS! Ever since going part time at work and with dh in school full time, I just couldn't keep up to my standards. So we tweaked our budget, made some phone calls, and God provided :heart. I found an *awesome* aunt/niece team who are devout Christians and have been working for my friends' family for years. They came t his week and are very reasonably priced. I came home and my jaw nearly dropped :jawdrop. Everything is shiny. they deep cleaned my entire first floor (the bottom floor is under renovations ;)). It looks *so* good. I've been able to enjoy my days with the girls and not worry about housework that isn't getting done. I can stay on top of the day to day stuff and not fret that my floors need mopping or my oven needs a good scrubbing. My spirits have been lifted :heart

MarynMunchkins
05-03-2007, 01:23 PM
:tu

PurpleButterfly
05-03-2007, 01:35 PM
:woohoo :dox :mrgreen

Jilly
05-03-2007, 01:37 PM
That sounds great!

Someday I am going to have to try getting a cleaner!

:rockon :rockon

Jilly

joyful mama
05-03-2007, 01:37 PM
oh and they are coming every 2 weeks :mrgreen

righteous mama
05-03-2007, 04:05 PM
Oh, that's awesome! Maybe I should look into this... :think

abbiroads
05-03-2007, 05:19 PM
a houscleanre helped pull me out of some big time depression. I'm glad it is helping you enjoy life more!!

Soliloquy
05-03-2007, 05:21 PM
:woohoo

joyful mama
05-03-2007, 08:11 PM
a houscleanre helped pull me out of some big time depression. I'm glad it is helping you enjoy life more!!
:yes I wish I could describe how it makes me feel! just so wonderful. Its like I can *breathe* easier. Literally I've been having physical symptoms of shaking, and dizziness, and overwhelming sense of stress because of my home. But not any more :no. We spent nearly all of yesterday and today outside and I didn't feel any guilt... no looming "I need to mop the floors" feeling. I've convinced my neighbor to try it. I think its going to help her too :heart

joyful mama
05-03-2007, 08:12 PM
:dox I'm SO doing this when we move. I have the same feelings about drowning under a sea of housework, but feeling paralyzed that if I hire someone I'm a lazy, selfish mother who can't manage to keep her own house clean. I'm done with the guilt and I'm ready to have some deep cleaning stress relief!

I'm so happy for yoU!

:-)
Rene
:hug.

mamaKristin
05-03-2007, 08:14 PM
oh wow! what a blessing. :mrgreen

Irene
05-03-2007, 09:08 PM
good for you! My husband suggested I get a couple hs girls to come clean once a week or every other week :blush at least until I get back into the swing of things again :blush (12 weeks is the magic number right? :/ )

joyful mama
05-04-2007, 11:15 AM
good for you! My husband suggested I get a couple hs girls to come clean once a week or every other week :blush at least until I get back into the swing of things again :blush (12 weeks is the magic number right? :/ )
:hug2

my littlest is nearly 20 months... this is helping 'get in the swing of things' :yes

Ilaria
05-05-2007, 12:56 AM
That's so great! :mrgreen

Katherine
05-05-2007, 02:40 PM
12 weeks... :laughtears

It has taken me between 6 and fifteen months with each child to start getting back into a "swing" :shifty