PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean without going completely insane?

mamahammer
05-02-2007, 03:18 PM
DS's birthday party is on Saturday, and I *really* need to get this house clean. So, today, I started on the master bath/bedroom because, well, it's where we were. But I don't need to just straighten up - I need to scrub and rinse and clean the carpets and such. But as soon as I start, the kids get all crazy and want my undivided attention. No matter what I had set them up with to entertain them. And trying to get them involved in the cleaning just makes things messier, honestly. They are just barely 4 and 20 months. And the 4 yr old has the self-control and operates more on a 2 yr old level in many ways.

So, how do you do it? How do you deep clean your house with two young ones underfoot?

Rabbit
05-02-2007, 03:20 PM
I make my husband take the children outside.

MarynMunchkins
05-02-2007, 03:45 PM
I take a nap, and do it after bedtime. ;)

Irene
05-02-2007, 03:47 PM
yeah, I do it on the weekends when dh is home. I think the absolute worst times with my kids is when we are having company or birthdays and whatnot, because Im so focused on getting the house clean,and the kids feel it :shifty

jghomeschooler
05-02-2007, 03:57 PM
:yes after the kids are in bed.

mamahammer
05-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Yeah, I think the kids can totally feel that my focus is somewhere other than on them, and it feeds into the craziness. Some of it I can absolutely do after bedtime, but other stuff (like carpet cleaning and such) needs to be done when I can
a) be in their rooms
and
b) not worry about waking anyone up.

Maybe I can get one of the youth from the church to come over and play with them after school for a couple of hours.

Ilaria
05-05-2007, 12:58 AM
I can pretty much just clean when DH is watching the kiddo or when he's asleep.

crunchymum
05-05-2007, 06:47 AM
Maybe I can get one of the youth from the church to come over and play with them after school for a couple of hours.

that's a fantastic idea! :tu