PDA

View Full Version : Really Need Help QUICKLY PLEASE!!!

KitKat
05-01-2007, 04:57 PM
OK, so I woke up with heartburn. I ate some cereal, and still had heartburn. So, I ate some tums. They didn't help so about an hour later I took some Pepto Bismol. Waited a few hours and tried to eat some bread. It didn't work, so at lunch, dh brought home some Zantac. I took that. Ate some lunch, and still have heartburn. We are now making dinner and the only thing that helps is to constantly drink cold water. I need something to make this stuff go away. HELP please. I can't take anything else because the Zantac is supposed to last 12 hours, but it never worked to begin with. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT!!!

booboo
05-01-2007, 05:01 PM
I'd go to the ER. It may not be heartburn but something else, like your heart. You can't be too sure on this and people have suffered heart attacks thinking it was heartburn. I'm not trying to scare you! I had a scare myself last year and turned out to be a joint thing, fortunately.

Please, call your dr, get to the hospital asap! This sounds really serious and I'm very concerned about you! :hug2 :yes2

Hermana Linda
05-01-2007, 05:07 PM
I'd go to the ER. It may not be heartburn but something else, like your heart. You can't be too sure on this and people have suffered heart attacks thinking it was heartburn. I'm not trying to scare you! I had a scare myself last year and turned out to be a joint thing, fortunately.

Please, call your dr, get to the hospital asap! This sounds really serious and I'm very concerned about you! :hug2 :yes2

I agree. Better safe than sorry in a case like this. :hug2 :pray2

KitKat
05-01-2007, 05:20 PM
I am seriously wondering if this is connected with the pain I had in my right side the other night. I mean, I went to the ER then and they couldn't find anything, and now this, I wonder if it is all connected.

allisonintx
05-01-2007, 05:21 PM
yea, it can be a symptom of heart problems among other things. Please get checked out (says she who almost never suggests this!)

KitKat
05-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Well, I can't go in yet. I have to wait until the kids are in bed. But, I just ate dinner and feel OK now, if it comes back in a couple hours, then I will go back to the ER.

Soliloquy
05-01-2007, 06:16 PM
:pray2 Please go in if it comes back. Even if it doesn't, make an appt w/ your HCP.

booboo
05-02-2007, 05:20 AM
Any updates? Any better today? :hug2

2sunshines
05-02-2007, 05:21 AM
just saw this.

any updates? how are you feeling this morning?

cobluegirl
05-02-2007, 09:12 AM
I agree..better to have it looked at. However it if is just heartburn raw almonds sometimes work really well for that.

KitKat
05-02-2007, 03:36 PM
OK, well, i went in. It isn't my gallbladder, but they don't know what it is. So, I have to get more tests. We will see.

booboo
05-02-2007, 04:20 PM
:hug2 Let us know when you get the tests - I'll pray for you - and the results! Good job, mama! Part of being a good mom is taking care of your health so you can be there for your kids. :yes :hug