PDA

View Full Version : Help! Endless diarrhea! Possible TMI

BHope
04-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Okay, this is WAY tmi... but I need suggestions. So, if bodily fluid type of posts gross you out, you may want to skip this thread! :shifty

This last Monday both DD2 and I got hit hard with some sort of stomach virus. We spent a full 24 hours throwing up and then all day Wednesday sort of recovering. No vomitting, but general sickie and lethargic feeling. Neither of us has had much of an appetite since. Well, starting Wednesday night we both started experiencing serious diarrhea. I was up all night on Wednesday making runs to the bathroom, and we had to change DD2 several times after naps and during the night. (She normally doesn't poop at while she's sleeping.)

Since Wednesday DD2 seems to be doing fine.

I, on the other hand, am cycling through thinking I'm over everything, to emergency mad-dashes to the nearest toilet. Two hours ago I ate a bunch of goldfish crackers with the girls and it's already made it's way through my system. How is that even possible? The crackers haven't even had time to dissolve up. (Note to self: do a better job at chewing food.) I'm at my wits end. I'm supposed to be working on homework, but I can't even get a complete thought together before I need to make another run to the toilet. I've had to stop no less than four five times just in the short span of time it's taken me to write this entry. And I'm not a slow typer.

Is there something I can be doing to help my gut recover? Yogurt? Should I not be eating other things? How can I get my stomach and it's digestive track back in functioning order? Or is this just something you wait out? At this point it'll be nearly a week of dealing with whatever has messed up my insides. I can't take this much longer.

cobluegirl
04-29-2007, 11:08 PM
Do you have any acidophilus? I would take one or two pills 3 times a day. Hopefully that will help.
Also what are you eating? look up the brat diet and eat those things. if it doesn't get better in a few days I would go see your dr. You dn't want to get too dehydrated.