PDA

View Full Version : Need a natural anti fungal or anti itch

tnaallen
04-29-2007, 07:46 PM
My doctor said to put an OTC antifungal and antiitch creamon my 3year old dd's labia where she has been itching. It's not vaginitis, so we are just going to try treating topically. Well, as I looked at all the anti itch creams they all had petroleum (and most brands even more ingredients). So I'm looking for a natural anti itch source.

Thanks!

Quiteria
04-29-2007, 08:35 PM
Yogurt is an antifungal if she can tolerate dairy.

Pau d'Arco tea bags...at bath time? as a sitz bath? as wipes solution if still diapering?

Supposedly olive oil, but I'm not sure about effectiveness. Also garlic. Tea Tree Oil. Grapefruit seed extract.

Not sure about use on labia, though. I know TTO burned when I tried on vaginal yeast...I could be allergic, or it could just be bad on mucous membranes such as vaginal, nasal, eyes, etc. Maybe mixing olive oil and garlic, with or without a couple drops TTO after reading label to be sure, and try elsewhere first if you use the TTO?

Naked Camper
04-29-2007, 08:37 PM
I use Dr. Christopher's Itch Ointment (Chickweed Extract) mixed with TTO. Mix 1 oz of the Itch Ointment with 20 drops of TTO. Works real well :tu (currently using it now :blush)

Hope your DD gets better soon

Zooey
04-30-2007, 01:17 AM
I use Florasone cream for that kind of thing. (I can't guarantee the formula, because I :rolleyes brilliantly have tossed the box). Its a homeopathic anti-itch cream.
I always think homeopathy for a natural product.