PDA

View Full Version : Recording vhs to dvd, getting an error message and voiding disk

4thekids
04-29-2007, 06:53 PM
My fil is recording all our vhs over to dvd as we haven't had a tv or vcr in forever and only have our dvd player on our computer to watch on. So he was happily transferring along when one of the tapes decides that it is copyrighted and won't record. I KNOW it is copyrighted and we are not copying for anything but out OWN use. We are even storing the tapes that we can not use because we think it would be dishonest to make a dvd of them and then sell or give away the tapes. Anyways... He keeps getting a message that says that this product is copyrighted. Yada Yada... And then it voids the dvd that he was trying to record it onto. Like the dvd will now no longer hold any content. It is completly useless. :scratch Any ideas on how to get around this. We would really like to be able to watch these movies. And it is part of a set of like 6 nature videos. I will be sooo discouraged if it won't transfer. :( (But maybe if it won't I will be able to convince dh to get a tv and vcr again. :rolleyes )

4thekids
05-01-2007, 07:18 AM
Anyone?

trustingGod2
05-01-2007, 09:33 AM
I ran into the same problem several months ago Tapes made before the copyright infringement laws can be transferred to DVD like 80's and early 90's anything later forget it....Won't happen and any personal home videos transfer without problem just remember to format before playing in your DVD player. My recommendation for newer videos a VCR is your only option.

4thekids
05-01-2007, 07:10 PM
:( Shucks. That was so not the answer I wanted to hear. :doh Oh well. Now to convince the hubby to get a tv and vcr. Thanks for replying. :yes2