PDA

View Full Version : cleaning with out any drive...

milkmommy
04-29-2007, 05:21 PM
I'm not the neatest person but I likea clean home. I always feel better and more relaxed when my homes clean free of clutter dusted mopped and vaccumed. I'm not a huge fan of house work I let things pile up and procrastionate but over time I will stop and say okay time to tidy and do it and feel great when its done. Lately though not only do I not have any desire to pick up a thing but when I do I feel nothing. No sense of yea its clean I just feel like how long is this going to last :rolleyes. or honestly I just don't care. :O SO hw do you do it when the drive is totally gone?

Deanna

PurpleButterfly
04-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Essential oils. :) Seriously, the aromatherapy really helps. Lately I've been enjoying Meyers geranium scented countertop spray - I have never been so motivated to keep my kitchen counters clean, and even dh comments on how nice the scent is. I'm not a gig flowery scent type person, either, but this stuff smells soooo heavenly! During pregnancy, I would recommend EO's such as lavender and/or chamomile. :) :hug

milkmommy
04-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Essential oils. :) Seriously, the aromatherapy really helps. Lately I've been enjoying Meyers geranium scented countertop spray - I have never been so motivated to keep my kitchen counters clean, and even dh comments on how nice the scent is. I'm not a gig flowery scent type person, either, but this stuff smells soooo heavenly! During pregnancy, I would recommend EO's such as lavender and/or chamomile. :) :hug

Actually this makes sense to me and smells do trigger deep emotions for me (ussually good :)) I'll have to try it how do you use them?

Deanna

TuneMyHeart
04-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Having friends over usually inspires me to clean up! ;)

PurpleButterfly
04-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Having friends over usually inspires me to clean up! ;)

:yes :giggle Yeah, that's a good one, too! :wink

I think there's a sticky here w/recipes, but for simple starters, you could try my Lavender Blossom Glass & Countertop Cleaner. (Not that I orginated using EO's in cleaners ;) :smileblush ) Fill a new spray bottle with one cup bottled water, then add 2 tablespoons of plain white household vinegar and about a dozen drops of lavender EO (a natural disinfectantl). Shake and spray for easy countertop cleaning and aromatherapy! :)

Katherine
04-30-2007, 05:26 AM
I second the EOs!!!

I'm a mint person, so having a spritzer with peppermint/spearmint/lime in it to mist my linens helps me to *enjoy* making the beds. :mrgreen

And smells are HUGE for me, too! :yes

2TMama
04-30-2007, 05:37 AM
Well, I guess I just force myself. For me, it's a little like exercising...I might loathe getting started--- but that's the hardest part. If I commit to just fifteen minutes of cleaning OR exercising it inevitably turns into more. With housecleaning, it can be very intimidating/overwhelming (especially after a period of denial/procrastination ;) btdt). The other thing I do is similar to the "system" I use w/ the kids--- no computer time till I do x, y, z. THAT also helps me stir up some motivation :D