PDA

View Full Version : What do you use to wash walls????

ChristmasGirl
04-28-2007, 03:37 PM
:help

my walls are looking awful, and i don't know what to safely use on them to clean them!

we have some white, more flat looking walls that have all sorts of grime on them, and then we have some semi-gloss greenish colored walls that you can see streaks/greasy looking handprints on it when the lights are on.

ANY suggestions would be :tu

Thankya ladies :)

jghomeschooler
04-28-2007, 04:11 PM
a damp sponge or cloth with Bon Ami on it, or baking soda. If you use baking soda- just don't use too much force because baking soda is abrasive and *can* remove paint if you rub too hard.
Mr. Clean Magic erasers work great, but I wouldn't want to use them on large areas, they disintigrate pretty quickly. Baking soda works wonders though. So does vinegar diluted with water. HTH

booboo
04-28-2007, 04:57 PM
I use a homemade cleaner: vinegar, water, with an all natural dish detergent (mine is 7th Generation). Works great! :yes

Mother Duck
04-29-2007, 01:49 AM
If you are not looking for too natural - sugar soap works well :)

mom2threePKs
04-29-2007, 05:35 AM
I use Simple Green well-diluted.

apmommy
04-29-2007, 06:30 AM
I use Mr. Clean Magic erasers. First I take a dish rag and use hot water and wipe down the wall. Then, where there is food or other little finger marks, I use the Magic Eraser. Works great.

ChristmasGirl
04-29-2007, 04:07 PM
what is sugar water?

so i will have to think about what to use here :think

another question...will it be obvious if i "spot clean" or would i need to wash the entire surface so it doesn't look different (esp. on the semi-glossy)?

thanks

jghomeschooler
04-29-2007, 04:51 PM
IME, it's always pretty obvious. :/
What I've done for large areas before is just use a mop with vinegar water to wipe the whole wall down, then used a sponge and bon ami or a mr. clean eraser for the tougher spots. HTH

LittleSweetPeas
05-01-2007, 01:38 PM
A word of warning: I used the Magic Eraser and it did change the paint finish on one of my walls. You can definitely see it if the sun reflects off it. I think the finish was flat even. :shrug

Now I just use soap and water and a homemade scrubbing cloth thing (flannel on one side, terry on the other)

Six Little Feet
05-01-2007, 02:27 PM
I use some Borax and hot water