PDA

View Full Version : i need a recommendation for a blender please!

joyful mama
04-28-2007, 02:05 PM
i'd like one i can use daily without it cracking, mostly for smoothies- green and kefir smoothies to be exact :). i'd like for it to be reasonably priced ($50 or so :shrug) but I can probably go up to $100 if needed. :ty

klpmommy
04-28-2007, 03:05 PM
I just bought one at Costco for $58. It says it can crush ice at any speed & has been working great for the last week & a half (it has been used twice a day. We love smoothies!!!!)

They don't have it on their website, but it is a Kitchen Aid Ultra Blender.

jghomeschooler
04-28-2007, 04:21 PM
I did a google for best blender, LOL. The one that was rated high by consumers was an Oster that's available at wal-mart for around $50. It has a glass pitcher, and crushes ice, but it only has two speeds- so if you want more than two speeds I guess you'd want a different one, :giggle

mom2threePKs
04-29-2007, 05:34 AM
We use our blender A LOT! Only usually it isn't for healthy things like smoothies (dh perfected the Margarita a few years ago, calls it the pastorita) We've burned through lots of them, expensive ones, cheap ones. My general feeling is that they all burn up pretty quickly so don't spend a lot of money but be prepared to replace it about every 18 months or so. The Braun Power Max $49.99 was rated a best buy by Cook's Magazine last year.

joyful mama
04-29-2007, 05:44 AM
:ty

klpmommy
04-29-2007, 10:31 AM
One thing- I will warn you against really cheap blenders. I bought a really cheap one at Target a year or two ago & it said it could crush ice. But about the fourth time I used it the plastic canister broke & shot ice & plastic all across our kitchen- probably at least 20 ft (our kitchen is large). Thankfully no one was hurt, but I will never buy a cheap one again & will stick to thick glass ones.

Saphirah
04-29-2007, 01:05 PM
http://www.willitblend.com/videos.aspx?type=unsafe&video=ipod

Here's a good blender :laughtears

pricey though

joyful mama
05-01-2007, 07:36 PM
http://www.willitblend.com/videos.aspx?type=unsafe&video=ipod

Here's a good blender :laughtears

pricey though
:laughtears :laughtears dh is getting quite a kick out of it too :laughtears
I did a google for best blender, LOL. The one that was rated high by consumers was an Oster that's available at wal-mart for around $50. It has a glass pitcher, and crushes ice, but it only has two speeds- so if you want more than two speeds I guess you'd want a different one, :giggle
:giggle

RealLifeMama
05-02-2007, 03:35 AM
I have a nice, spendy Kitchen Aid that has lasted 9 years...

But DH picked up a Back to Basics Smoothie Blender for like 20 bucks a little over a year ago and I use it now instead. I was like "why did you buy this??? I have a blender!" but the design with the wand is really, really nice. The sides of the pitcher and the blades are angled in some way that you can use the wand to stir the smoothie (or whatever frozen concoction is in there) , so I don't have to stop it a hundred times to stir the air pockets out like I did w/ my kitchen aid.