PDA

View Full Version : bruising easily? pain? low iron?

Lantern Light Mama
04-28-2007, 10:43 AM
I have this problem again. My legs are bruising very easily so I guess my vitamin absorbtion must be off again or I need to check my diet again. I have in my legs and I keep getting bruises where I have the pain, actually it feels more tender. Does anyone know of a good iron supplement they could recommend? I dont want to go back to the Dr. I dont have the time to go next week even though I need to.

cobluegirl
04-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Iron would be my guess...

Soliloquy
04-28-2007, 10:56 AM
Does anyone know of a good iron supplement they could recommend?

Floradix Iron + Herbs is the only one I would recommend. http://www.florahealth.com/flora/home/usa/products/r64771.asp

When was the last time you had a full lab work-up on your blood? You could have something else going on like thyroid or something. Take the floradix and make an appt. You don't want to fool around w/ anemia.

Lantern Light Mama
04-28-2007, 10:59 AM
Last year they started going back and forth on whether or not I had Lupus or something worse. Many of my labs acme back messed up and off and I was so worried. The most recent mess up was my blood clotting factors where high, but then a retest came back normal. :phew I havent gone back because there isnt any point or hasnt been just to be told they dont know what is wrong. :doh

Soliloquy
04-28-2007, 11:00 AM
Oh my, that sounds frustrating. Can you go see an ND?

Lantern Light Mama
04-28-2007, 11:02 AM
My insurance assigned me to a new Dr. I dont know where she is. I suppose I can pay to go to a good Dr now but its my insurance that is the problem. If any dr other than my pcm orders test I have to pay.

cobluegirl
04-28-2007, 11:04 AM
There is a iron thread in the N&H stickies...started by purplebutterfly..

Zooey
04-29-2007, 10:35 PM
I have been told that taking vitamin C with the iron will help it be absorbed. Floradix is excellent.

boonpnutsmom
04-30-2007, 12:24 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/boonpnutsmom/OURKEIKI%20GRAPHICS/Prayer%20Graphics/PFYblack1.jpg

Lantern Light Mama
04-30-2007, 06:34 AM
l started back on my prenatals and im trying to eat a little healthier right now which isnt easy. It seemed a little better yesterday . If it doesnt resolve soon I will go in to get it checked. Thanks for the advice! I want to look up the supplement that was mentioned.