PDA

View Full Version : Let me just say, THANK GOODNESS!!!!

BeckaBlue
04-25-2007, 07:58 AM
yesterday nik wanted syrup on his bun, i had told him no but he went and did it anyways when i wasn't paying attention
what im thankful for is that all we have is real maple syrup, not corn syrup with maple flavoring....and has anyone else noticed how much less sticky and water soluble real maple syrup is compared to the fake stuff??? the towels used to clean it came out totally clean with just one wash, the stuff cleaned up easily with just a wet rag...no soap was necessary! much better him helping clean up that then what i remember from the fake!
and fortunately the whole bottle did not get spilt, so well still have enough, barring another incident, for awhile :phew

JavaMama
04-25-2007, 08:16 AM
:yes It is amazing how much less sticky and goopy the real thing is than corn syrup products.

I've fallen in love with maple syrup all over again, we found a guy locally who makes it without using chemicals and it's sooo tasty and fresh and much cheaper than buying it at the stores. We got ours two days after he made it! :yum

cobluegirl
04-25-2007, 03:34 PM
hehe...sounds like my kids...we got through a lot of syrup...I wish it wasn't so expensive.

JJsMom
04-25-2007, 06:50 PM
I have noticed that too. :rockon
We tapped our maple trees this year and ended up with about a gallon and a half of syrup! Nothing like fresh maple syrup. :yum