PDA

View Full Version : Two small storage ideas

Mother of Sons
04-22-2007, 07:49 PM
I don't think I've shared these here before. Both are for pens etc. The first one I've done for awhile now and it really works pretty well. I got a plastic silverware holder that fits into drawers (The kind everybody has lol) I bought mine at the thrift store for about 50 cents. I got one that has one long slot. I put scissors in that one and I organize the pens, pencils and markers into the others. That little section in the back I use for things like paper clips etc.

The other I got from the table set up at MOPS although I've seen it at stores a lot too. I am constantly losing pens so I bought some silk flowers and some floral tape and made several pens into "flower pens" I bought a clay pot to stick them all in. It's a cute decoration and it keeps at least a few pens from disappearing.

Oh, one more from the MOPS newsletter that I kind of liked. Use an old kleenex box as a plastic bag holder. It's small, but holds lots and it doesn't take up much room in the kitchen or in the car.

Mothering by Heart
04-22-2007, 08:23 PM
My OB has flower pens so no one walks off with them. I guess it really works!!

Great ideas :)

Katherine
04-22-2007, 08:44 PM
Good ideas!

Marrae
04-23-2007, 02:50 AM
Use an old kleenex box as a plastic bag holder.
:ty I'm going to try that one. :yes

Iarwain
04-23-2007, 11:11 AM
LOVE the kleenex box idea! I spent half an hour (granted I was watching TV at the time) folding plastic shopping bags last week because I have so many and they take up a lot of space. I had a flower pen too for a while. It was not only a good way of keeping track of it, but festive and fun too.

jghomeschooler
04-23-2007, 11:46 AM
I made a kleenex type bag dispenser before, out of a coffee can. I just cut a hole in the lid to be able to get the bags out. Then dd and I painted it with craft paints. :mrgreen

phermion
04-23-2007, 05:48 PM
great ideas!! :yes