PDA

View Full Version : Bloodstains

klpmommy
04-22-2007, 05:07 AM
E woke up in the night with a nose bleed. It was a pretty bad one. We were able to get it under control, but not before it got all over her favorite dinosaur pillowcase & my favorite maternity blouse. I soaked both of them all night in cold water & I am washing them right now, but I won't dry them if there are still stains there. I am almost scared to check to see if the blood came out. Any ideas of how to remove blood stains is appreciated. Both are cotton items & not white.

MarynMunchkins
04-22-2007, 05:08 AM
OxiClean works wonders on blood. :)

Katydid
04-22-2007, 05:35 AM
Hydrogen peroxide. :yes That's what our midwife used after our homebirth. :)

When I saw you title I thought of an old Seinfeld skit where he's taking about removing blood stains and he says something like "if you've got a shirt covered in blood, I'd say you have more than just a laundry problem" :laughtears :shifty Sorry! :giggle

Iarwain
04-22-2007, 05:51 AM
Hydrogen peroxide. :yes That's what our midwife used after our homebirth. :)
:yes

BeckaBlue
04-22-2007, 07:57 AM
when abbey hemorrhaged her dress sat for a week before it was able to be taken care of (she was in the hosp)...i soaked it in peroxide/water combo, checking every day and changing it out daily...it took about a wk but it all came out clean! im sure its be less time if there is none dried on though :yes unfortunately that favorite dress still never got to be worn again...somehow it got torn up on the back :neutral but the blood did all come off!

klpmommy
04-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Thank you. I will have to remember hydrogen peroxide, but I didn't have any on hand. I did have some oxyclean buried in the laundry room. The blood came out of the pillowcase w/ no problems but I had to soak my blouse in it for a while in order for it to come clean. :phew Thank you so much!!

righteous mama
04-22-2007, 06:53 PM
We used OxyClean with M's shirt when she knocked her teeth loose. I use Nature Bright, now, but OxyClean works fine.