PDA

View Full Version : it's like winning the lottery! *update*

crunchymum
04-21-2007, 07:06 AM
:jump

one of my very best friends who lives out of town is a professional organizer and she's COMING TODAY to stay for a week to help us get organized! :heart i'm so excited! she's been prepping us for the past month, giving us assignments, having us fill out surveys, etc...

i really feel so blessed and it's way better than winning the lottery for us! :mrgreen i've been taking pics of our progress so far, i'll post them after this week, if anyone is interested...

(did i mention i'm excited? and a little terrified! :nails )

SouthPaw
04-21-2007, 07:10 AM
woohoo! sounds like fun! would love to see pics! :yes

hink4687
04-21-2007, 07:10 AM
That is way cool! I'm anxious to hear how it goes and see all the before/after pics!

joystrength
04-21-2007, 07:20 AM
Now THAT is a really great friend.
And just out of "out of the blue" curiousity, where (if!) do you go to school/train to be a professional organizer?

You are blessed inded, mama! ;)

hey mommy
04-21-2007, 08:49 AM
That is very cool!!! My SIL and my best friend are super good at organzing so I keep asking if they'll come over and help. lol.

Enjoy your organized house!!!

BHope
04-21-2007, 09:06 AM
Oooh that would be soo nice! Are you having to invest a lot in organizational things or are you going to be able to do this with what you have on hand?

Drew
04-23-2007, 07:29 AM
How exciting. I'd love to see progress pics!

RealLifeMama
04-23-2007, 08:20 AM
Just :jump ?
I would be :jump2 :jump2
What a dream come true!
:heart

I can't wait to see pics!

Momma of 7
04-23-2007, 08:36 AM
:dance

I would love to know what assignments you had for the last month and what surveys you took. Can't wait to see the pics.

PurpleButterfly
04-23-2007, 08:57 AM
WOW!!! What an amazing blessing and fabulous friend! :rockon :hearts I am so excited with you and can't WAIT to see your pics!!!!! I SO need help getting organized and there is so much that it's just overwhelming I always wind up giving up and just eating chocolate instead. :shifty

tempus vernum
04-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Wow :rockon

Hope and pray that it is amazing and wonderful :heart

I'd be a little scared too :hug

crunchymum
05-05-2007, 10:03 AM
it was amazing! :heart (and exhausting! :phew ) i'll post more and get progress pics up when i upload them...) i feel like my life has been transformed already! it was like having a super nanny, marriage counselor, and life coach living with us for a week! :heart

Now THAT is a really great friend.
And just out of "out of the blue" curiousity, where (if!) do you go to school/train to be a professional organizer?

i don't know... i know she went to school to be a teacher. but her training has all been hands on experience. she's always had a natural 'knack' for things like this, since she was little, but her formal training came in the form of the organizing company she worked with. :)

Are you having to invest a lot in organizational things or are you going to be able to do this with what you have on hand?

we've been trying to use as much stuff as we can that's on hand, at least at this stage in the game. honestly, i think you can do it on almost any budget, it just depends on what you need and how much you're willing to make things (for ie, you can build a shelf yourself that will save money, ect). because this is a huge overhaul, i went ahead and invested in the bankers boxes. while she was here, most of what i spent was on decorating stuff (like we needed new sheets and bedding, i had been holding off until she came). the containers so far have been things i already had (like i needed a caddy for my arbonne skincare, and as i was sorting stuff i found something that worked perfect! ), some basket type things donated by my SIL she didn't need anymore, and some really great cheap bins from target - under 2 dollars a piece. some things we will save for (like a computer armoire for the living/dining area), and some we needed now (like a hamper for the first floor and a garbage can that is covered so we can have it out to use).

anyway, we're well on our way! i've been sorting the paper boxes this week, whew! not easy.... but out of 14 paper boxes, i've gone through 8, so not too bad. the amazing thing to me is that while i'm doing the sorting, the rest of the house isn't completely falling apart! :jawdrop and MY KIDS ARE DOING CHORES. :hunh and having relative fun doing them. :hunh

PurpleButterfly
05-05-2007, 10:39 AM
:woohoo :popcorn :peace

crunchymum
05-05-2007, 10:54 AM
i couldn't find the bins we're using at target.com, but these are the ones: http://www.sterilite.com/Category.html?Section=Storage&ProductCategory=141#

BHope
05-05-2007, 12:52 PM
the amazing thing to me is that while i'm doing the sorting, the rest of the house isn't completely falling apart! :jawdrop and MY KIDS ARE DOING CHORES. :hunh and having relative fun doing them. :hunh

That in itself is amazing. One of the many reasons I hate sorting papers is the mess invovled. Not just the papermess but the "neglected house" mess. Speaking of which, the dishes are calling. :/