PDA

View Full Version : Help! Vinegar on my pergo left a film, Now what?

tnaallen
04-17-2007, 05:43 PM
Ok - so I came on here last week when I was looking for a natural cleaning solution for wood floors. I read about the vinegar and water solution, and well....I didn't realize there was a difference in what I had and regular vinegar. :O I used white basalmic vinegar and now there is a sticky film on the floors. We've re-swiffered 34 times already with the commercial swiffer stuff (what we normally use) and it hasn't made one bit of difference. What do I do now?

For the record, I don't think I will live this one down. DH still giglles every time the subject of floors comes up. lol

Six Little Feet
04-17-2007, 05:44 PM
have you tried regular white vinegar to get it off????

MarynMunchkins
04-17-2007, 05:44 PM
Usually when you start using vinegar, there's a residue that comes up from the more commercial cleaners. The more often you use the natural stuff, the faster it disappears. :)

tnaallen
04-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Do you think I could find and use regular vinegar (white you said?) from the dollar store?

Six Little Feet
04-17-2007, 07:10 PM
Yep. It is cheap.

Rabbit
04-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Here's some info from the manufacturer.

Matt textures (ex. PERGO Naturaltouch)
In general, dirt sticks harder to floors with matt textures. Therefore, we recommend that you clean the floor more regularly and use PERGO Floor Cleaner on the entire floor/area to dissolve dirt stuck to the surface. A greasy looking surface can occur if you have cleaned the floor in the wrong way by for example using too much detergent or the wrong detergent like soap. To remove this film Spray ample PERGO Floor Cleaner over the whole floor and wait a few minutes for the detergent to dissolve the dirt/grease. Damp mop the floor and dry mop afterwards. Repeat this procedure until the dirt or greasy film is removed.

And more from a pergo owner:
Okay first you need to wipe the floor down with water or vinegar water to remove all the cleaners you've applied that created the film. And then when you clean it in the future you can use a vinegar and water solution. It cleans great, makes it shiny and deodorizes the room (the vinegar smell will fade and it'll leave a fresh smell) and it won't leave a film on the floor. Plus, it'll get through grease or whatever is on the floor in the kitchen. To touch it up you can use the laminate floor spray with the special mop, or fill a spray bottle with vinegar/water. I swear....it does work and won't harm the floor. Just don't leave water on it. That'll ruin it.

And more:
http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf806707.tip.html

tnaallen
04-19-2007, 02:19 PM
:woohoo Today I used my dollar store REGULAR vinegar with half water and my floors are back to normal and look great.

Thanks ladies!!!

Six Little Feet
04-19-2007, 05:09 PM
:phew :jump

I am happy for you