PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY got my plants started indoors

Iarwain
04-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Today I got it together and started my tomatoes, peppers, cantaloupe, and watermelon in plastic cups! This is my first year starting them myself. I usually buy plants at the nursery, but this year I have to do it on the cheap. I hope they come out OK. I'm a couple weeks late, but they should still be ready to get in the ground by the end of May (our last frost date is May 10). I have:

15 Romas,
6 Super Sweet 100,
6 Rainbow Heirloom Mix (I guess I'll just be surprised by what I get! There's quite a variety in that packet.)

6 Carnival Mix bell peppers (also a colorful selection of different varieties)

4 cantaloupe of a variety I can't remember
4 Sugar Baby watermelon

I won't have room for quite that many but I figure starting a couple extra is better safe than sorry. The only thing I think I may buy as a plant is a hot pepper or two, but I may not bother. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 60's so I'll get out and FINALLY get my peas and mesclun planted - also way late. Then I need to rig up a little fence to keep the chickens out. They've been scratching around in there and taking dust baths in the nicely tilled dirt. :/

godsgracegiven
04-16-2007, 10:59 PM
That is awesome. All I have right now is one sweet pea that ds planted. I turned the soil in my garden bed on sat though, that felt pretty good. :-)