PDA

View Full Version : Insepction update &linoleum flooring

Linnis
04-12-2007, 03:11 PM
So we were inspected by six people from head office, including a woman which they had to come back with since I was by myself. I told them to give me a minute to throw on my coat and get the baby bundled up. Call me paranoid but alone with 5 strange guys isn't my idea of a safe situation. :shrug

Apparently all the taps are out of date and the shower doesn't have the anti-scald thing but DH turned down our water heater even if Ethan can't crawl yet. I wouldn't mind a new kitchen tap, it always leaks and they won't fix it no matter how many times I've had the guy out. They'll mickey mouses it but within a week it's leaking again. I asked why they won't replace altogether and it's not in the budget.

My linoleum is out of date and will be replaced. The carpet was referred to as "old".

I explained they probably would have but we wanted an apartment with old carpet. New carpet has lots of carpet fibers and they can be pretty serious with an asthmatic. So I don't know if I was defending the management or not but I came into the apartment a week early to avoid the bug spray and new carpet because of DH's asthma so I thought I should be honest and they did have the carpets professionally cleaned.

Anyway what kind of chemicals do they use to stick the flooring down? It's all in one flooring, not individual squares but are they sticky like them? I want to know in case it's best to not be here when they replace the floor and if we should stay else where and air the apartment out etc.

Oh and everyone thinks my baby is adorable and apparently I have a VERY clean home and use space well. :heart

Hermana Linda
04-27-2007, 02:09 PM
:highfive Sounds like it went well. I don't know the answers to your questions, sorry. :hug

Saphirah
04-27-2007, 02:16 PM
Depends on if they are pulling up the floor or just covering it up. Old linoleum floors can have abestos in the glue. You might notice a gluey ordor if they just put it down over the old. It would most likely have some VOCs in it.