PDA

View Full Version : I had a reaction to a cleaner I've used for over a year

Gentle Journey
04-10-2007, 03:37 PM
I've used melaleuca's floor cleaner for over a year with no problems. I used it 2 days ago and after I was finished, my hands were burning, red, blotchy and itchy. You could see the redness a bit in the morning and now today it's just rough and peely where the redness was. What's up with that?

allisonintx
04-10-2007, 03:39 PM
maybe you had the residue from something else on your hands before you used the cleaner and it caused a reaction?

Gentle Journey
04-10-2007, 03:42 PM
maybe you had the residue from something else on your hands before you used the cleaner and it caused a reaction?

Hmm, I dont think so, but maybe.

Blue Aurora
04-10-2007, 03:44 PM
:scratch I've heard of people being allergic to tea tree oil...

allisonintx
04-10-2007, 03:45 PM
could you have mixed up a bit stronger solution this time and gotten a bit of a chemical burn from it?

Gentle Journey
04-10-2007, 07:58 PM
could you have mixed up a bit stronger solution this time and gotten a bit of a chemical burn from it?

Maybe, I just pour it in my pail and add water.

:scratch I've heard of people being allergic to tea tree oil...

O use tons of melaleuca stuff and it all has TTO

tempus vernum
04-11-2007, 08:28 AM
Has it been dry in your house or have you changed something about your life that could cause slight dehydration (drinking less water, excercise, etc). I was wondering if you were a little dehydrated and your body went to "absorb" the cleaner and it hurt your skin :think

I know when I am dehydrated and clean, my hands burn, get dry and red etc. :hug I have very sensitive skin. One day of less water and my hands get flaky :hunh

Gentle Journey
04-11-2007, 10:01 AM
Has it been dry in your house or have you changed something about your life that could cause slight dehydration (drinking less water, excercise, etc). I was wondering if you were a little dehydrated and your body went to "absorb" the cleaner and it hurt your skin :think

I know when I am dehydrated and clean, my hands burn, get dry and red etc. :hug I have very sensitive skin. One day of less water and my hands get flaky :hunh

I've been thirsty like crazy lately. Definantly could be dehydration.