PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! My bathtub won't drain!!!!

hey mommy
04-09-2007, 04:45 PM
And I can't get the plug thing(you push it down to plug the drain) to come off to get the hair out of it. It's popped up right now and there is about 2-3 inches of water in the bottom of the tub. The maintence man comes tomorrow, but C desperatly needs a bath TONIGHT. He hasn't had once since Thursday!! EWWWW.. And we have MOPS tomorrow!!

HELP!!!!

Anything except drano or liquid plumber(I might not own the pipes, but I don't want to use stuff that eats them either..)

icesmom3
04-09-2007, 04:51 PM
anyway you can use the plunger? that might have enough force to make a route for the water to go down?? :shrug
I had to use the plunger in the bathroom sink the other night....ok warning TMI ahead....my second son had the flu and vomited in the sink.....well lets just say the chunks wouldn't go down so I plunged it.....much to my relief it went down!!

hey mommy
04-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Thanks I hadn't thought of that.. I'll try it..

And uh, I've clogged the sink the same way.. ugh..

hey mommy
04-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Okay, tried that and it didn't work. All it did was push the plug down.. UGH....

klpmommy
04-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Give him a sponge bath tonight & let maintence deal with it tomorrow. At least, that is what I would do. I hate dealing with any kind of clog.

summertimeshine
04-10-2007, 06:54 AM
This is a two person job....Drag the hose into the house...put hose in drain, wrapped in towel to make better seal. Have someone turn on hose...clog will pass (I promise)

(Make sure to place towel in any hole that water may come through....our tub has a backflow/overflow and I just stuff it w/ a rag.)

Gretchen
04-10-2007, 06:57 AM
If you pour baking soda down the drain and then add in white vinegar, that will break up some clogs, but not the really major ones. Following with really hot water helps. But if there's standing water there, the baking soda might dissolve before the vinegar reaches it?

I hope you figure something out!!

Gretchen

Oliveshoots
04-10-2007, 07:36 AM
They make this nifty plastic thing at WalMart and some of the Home Depot/Lowe's type stores. It is a long plastic wand thingy that has these sharp plastic spikes sticking out all over it. You stick it down the drain (It's about 18 in. long) and turn it around a couple of times, pull it out and voila! you will see what was clogging your drain. It works best, IMO, fast, easy, effortless, and no chemicals. MOst likely your clog is hair (even small baby hairs can clog a drain) clumped up with soap, conditioner, bath oils, etc.

If you can't get past the plug of your drain, there might be this round metal thing below your faucet that you can unscrew and stick the thing down in there and it will work the same (I learned that from dh ;) I never knew what that round metal thing was for, other than overflow control.)

Make sure you dispose of the thing well, it really is sharp and can cut dc's if they get a hold of it.