PDA

View Full Version : TTL - Sweeping cleaning method

Maggie
04-09-2007, 02:19 PM
I read about the sweeping everything into the middle of the floor and then sorting and clearing the pile and I was wondering if that included toys or if it was just dirt and papers that you were talking about. Thanks!

Hermana Linda
04-27-2007, 02:11 PM
I guess you could do it either way. Personally, I remove the things I would prefer not to get dirtier, which would include toys.

iplsmama
04-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Oh my goodness, I do this and my mom always makes fun of me. I sweep everything into the pile--it's especially effective in the kids' room. Big pile swept and yell " come check this pile before it goes in the trash" gets a lot more cleaned up a heck of a lot easier :shifty

heartofjoy
04-27-2007, 03:27 PM
I pick up larger things and things that don't sweep well, and put them on a table. So I end up with two piles--one on the table and one on the floor.

iplsmama
04-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Forgot to say I am huge pregnant so bending over to the floor is not my idea of fun so you better believe I sweep everything :laughtears

Cheyenne
04-27-2007, 03:44 PM
I do this too. I usually pick up the biggest stuff before I sweep, but the little things like tiny toys or legos often end up in the swept up pile. I then call children to come and get stuff out before I accidentally throw something important away. ;)

joyful mama
04-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Oh my goodness, I do this and my mom always makes fun of me. I sweep everything into the pile--it's especially effective in the kids' room. Big pile swept and yell " come check this pile before it goes in the trash" gets a lot more cleaned up a heck of a lot easier :shifty
i do this too :shifty. we make it a kind of game :giggle

Irene
04-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Forgot to say I am huge pregnant so bending over to the floor is not my idea of fun so you better believe I sweep everything :laughtears
yeah I thought I invented this method when I was pregnant :lol and now that she is in the sling alot, everything gets swept into a pile, and I do the shout. Its one of the only ways my kids will pick up. maybe it seems less overwhelming to them since its not spread all over the place.