PDA

View Full Version : How long to unpack after a move??

OnlyBelieve
04-08-2007, 10:46 PM
How long does it take you to unpack after a move...a far away move, not just across town?? It used to take me about a week to totally unpack and get situated. That was before children.
Now, I taking MUUUCH longer. But then I have two little ones now and we have moved into a smaller place with very little storage from a place that had lots and lots and lots of storage.
So, how long does it take you?? It looks like it will take us about 2 weeks and then another week to get decorations up.....that is a long time for me. Just trying to make sure that I am normal.

Ilaria
04-08-2007, 11:00 PM
With just DH & me, it took me about a month for us to really get settled in & unpacked, but we didn't have furniture right away, either.

MarynMunchkins
04-09-2007, 04:26 AM
We've been in our house 2 months, and except for the garage, we're unpacked with pictures, new paint, and curtains. :tu

Drew
04-09-2007, 05:24 AM
We've been in our new house since December and we still have several boxes left to unpack. They're conveniently located in the garage so I don't have to look at them. :shifty

hink4687
04-09-2007, 09:30 PM
oh goodness, I definitely think that's normal if not a bit quick. When we moved last may it took me about 2 or 3 weeks to do all the major unpacking but an extra month or so to get all the small things. My problems was I was in this new town I had never been before and wanted to spend all my time exploring the town! Not to mention I have a DH who travels and unpacking with a toddler and no help is not the easiest thing in the world to do! So I just took my time and enjoyed my new home. :)

Happygrl
04-13-2007, 06:30 AM
We got mostly unpacked within a few weeks of our last move. DH had a couple weeks off shortly after we got our goods so that helped. But we still have some random boxes of "stuff". Mostly things that either don't really have a home (keepsake items) and stuff that is going to be given away/sold.

Joy7
04-13-2007, 06:42 AM
We've been in our house 2 months, and except for the garage, we're unpacked with pictures, new paint, and curtains.

I would love to know how you achieved this. What is the organizational secret? We are buying a new house and are just waiting for ours to sell, and I am a bit stressed about the whole pack up,move, and unpack thing with 3 kids and busy days.

unpacking with a toddler Any advice?