PDA

View Full Version : natural laundry soap ?

Amythestmama
04-07-2007, 10:09 AM
So I generally use Tide but I forgot to get it @ walmart. So when i went into the nature's emporium store, i got a box of natural laundry soap- citrus suds or something like that. ;) i used it and dd's white shirts have brownish spots on them. the towels look spotty and don't really smell clean. :shrug i used the amount for large loads w/hot, warm, and cold water on large load setting with fewer things than i'd usually put in. i'll use up the soap since i have it and can't afford tide till next week anyway. but what can i do about the clothes not seeming clean? is there a natural soap that would work better? tia :) :nak

Beauty4Ashes
04-07-2007, 10:14 AM
hmm, I am using a mixture of borax, zote soap, and arm and hammer wash soda and add some essential oils to it. Here's a link...It seems like I read that there is some mineral you can buy from a hardware store which will help remove any residues and it makes whites brighter. I'll come back and post it after my dc finish their naps, as the book is in the bedroom with them.

http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=99.0

The recipe I use is in the first post of the thread. hth.

hink4687
04-09-2007, 09:32 PM
I use this recipe too except I use fels napa soap instead of zote soap. I love it! That's a bummer the stuff you bought doesn't work. :(

righteous mama
04-10-2007, 03:33 PM
I used the homemade kind and it was alright...but I went back to my Shaklee kind, 'cause it works really well and lasts a long time.

http://www.shaklee.net/ecohome/product/GCLaundryPowder

It seems expensive, but it lasts 'cause you use a lot less than most powders. I figured it to work out to about $10.00 per month (although I think even less than that).

righteous mama
04-10-2007, 03:36 PM
OK, I just looked...I label all my products with the date I started using it so that I know how long it lasts. My label says I started using that box on December 7th. I have about two weeks left in the box...so that works out to five months for the large box. That is $9.29 for retail.